skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Weddings < REFRESH >
Topic Title: SPS system
Created On Monday January 10, 2011 9:35 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

karrietg
Posted: Monday January 10, 2011 9:35 PM

Hi all,
I just ordered the SPS system for stacking cakes.

Anybody used them before and do you have any tips? I am going to use one at the end of the month on a tospy turvy!

I'm assuming that I use the plate to mark the cake to centre the cake, measure cake height to see that I'm at 4". cut the pillar if I am not. Attach the pillars to the plate and push it into the cake?

It seems too simple.

Report Violation

Bottom

foodguy
Posted: Tuesday January 11, 2011 10:27 AM

A wonderful, stable system. Just be sure to press your cardboard circle onto the point on the plate to center it before you put the cake on it. Its hard to do as an after thought.

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Tuesday January 11, 2011 11:16 AM

Here is a little tutorial from Earlene Moore.

Stress Free Support system

Now Kathy F has a video of her doing this. Let me see if I can find it. If not I will call her and ask where it is located at.

BRB......

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Tuesday January 11, 2011 11:25 AM

Ok.........found it. Watch my good buddy Kathy Finholt in action with the stress free support system. Kathy swears by them!

Kathy Finholt's video of the SFS System

Report Violation

Bottom

bakingatthebeach
Posted: Tuesday January 11, 2011 8:12 PM

cakecentral.com go to the How do I forum and the second sticky down has a tutorial. I dont use anything else! Love it Love it Love it.
Use the peg in the center to mark a hole on your cake board, then use a skewer to make the hole a little bigger.
Do this before putting you cake on it lol (though if you forget, just have someone hold the cake in the air so
you can make the hole).
Take the collars off of the plate where the legs go (so the plate will sit flat on your tier), they come off pretty
easy with a straight edge knife or screw driver, just pry them off. I glue the collars to the bottom of the
cake board to raise it up so its easy to get my fingers under it.
Mark the top of the cake with the plate, put the legs on then stick the legs where your marks are and push
all the way in. Then slide your cake on and it will fall right onto the peg.
if you bake your cake in a 2 inch tall pan, it will be 4 inches, never had a problem with this!
My cakes are always straight now and really are sturdy when travelling stacked!

Report Violation

Bottom

gwez917
Posted: Wednesday January 12, 2011 8:33 AM
View users profile

Where can you purchase these at?

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Wednesday January 12, 2011 9:19 AM

Right here:

Stress free supports ordering

Report Violation

Bottom

bunnywoman
Posted: Wednesday January 12, 2011 9:20 AM

Oh and I would HIGHLY SUGGEST you place a hefty deposit (the cost of replacement at least) on these if you use them for a wedding cake.

Report Violation

Bottom

foodguy
Posted: Wednesday January 12, 2011 10:33 AM

I believe that there is confusion in the systems here. The original poster asked about the SPS-Single Support System-an inexpensive but sturdy stacking and separating system.

The Stress Free Support system is an entirely different support system-quite expensive but probably the most sturdy and secure of any systems that are produced.

Report Violation

Bottom

bakingatthebeach
Posted: Wednesday January 12, 2011 7:20 PM

I get my SPS plates and pillars at sugarcraft. Very resonably priced so you can add the cost to the price of the cake and not worry about getting them back. As far as sturdiness, I traveled with a 4 tiered wedding cake without any problems.

Report Violation

Bottom

CindyD
Posted: Thursday January 13, 2011 8:49 PM
View users profile

I use the SPS plates and pillars also, they are great! The price is even better.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Weddings < REFRESH >
Navigation: