skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Sangria color
DiddaB 01/16/2010 12:44 PM
I will be decorating a friend's wedding cake in a few months, I need some sangria color icing. Does any one know where I can get the color or what colors can I mix together. thanks
sandsher 01/16/2010 10:15 PM
It is considered a burnt red. Sangria means blood. It is classed as a red or violet, but could be classed as a dark pink, just a red or even a slight brown. So considering all this, I would think you could try some red with violet or red with some brown. I think I would definitely play around with it a few times to make sure you get the exact color you are wanting. I got sort of a sangria color one time. It wasn't the color I wanted, but ended up with it. I think I had mixed some red and violet. Good luck!
tortnaya 01/17/2010 11:50 AM
I agree with Sandsher. I am attaching a color swatch for sangria color. You could start with red and add some burgundy liquid gel to it to bring the red to a darker color to just a beginning of a brown tone. I wish you were here. I am pretty good at matching colors to a swatch ;-)
Attachments:
sandsher 01/17/2010 5:33 PM
Yep! That's it!
DiddaB 01/20/2010 1:32 PM
Thank you all so much for the info, I really appreciate it.
sandsher 01/20/2010 1:59 PM
You are very welcome. Good luck with your cake. We would all love to see a picture when you are finished with it.