skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Weddings < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Royal Icing piping templates
Created On Tuesday June 10, 2008 9:10 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

vickeytap
Posted: Wednesday May 28, 2008 4:46 PM

Hi Guys,

Right I want to practice my piping technique and get a bit more detailed. Does anyone know if there are are any work sheets or templates that I can get to practice this.
I really want to get more fine work like lacework, scrolls, handles, corness and even eventually want to be able pipe cherubs. Want to concentrate on the builing up af layers on the designs if that makes sense. Really back to basics before cutter and sugarpaste ( don't get me wrong I love that as well). But I really admire Eddie Spence's piping work who does the queen of englands cakes. (He's work is amazing!!)

So if anyone could help or give me some advice.
Thanks everyone xxx

Report Violation

Bottom

cakeacasion
Posted: Friday May 30, 2008 7:29 AM

Hi there, I have been lucky enough to have 2 lessons with this wonderful man who's work is absolutely amazing!! Are you in the UK? Here is a link with some of his tips http://www.itv.com/Lifestyle/ThisMorning/Food/Cakedecoration123/default.html
it's not much!

The last course I did with him (2 days) "Royal Icing Master Class" he gave us some stencils and templates, quite alot I can try and scan some of them and get them to you if you send me your email address. My email is djdjsmith@btinternet.com. I also took pictures of his work like his cheerubs and flowers, and figures I will try and scan them in and send to you for your info!

Good luck once you got the jist of it, it truly is amazing the pipe work you can do with royal icing...it simply is beautiful!

The first 2 pics are things he taught us in one of his classes I think it was the flower piping class.

I know you are looking for run out work and stencils but I also attach some of Eddie's actual piped flowers!

Brushed Embroidery.jpg Brushed Embroidery.jpg  (88 KB)
Eddie.Blossom.jpg Eddie.Blossom.jpg  (51 KB)
Eddie.Carnation.jpg Eddie.Carnation.jpg  (54 KB)
Eddie.Daffodil.jpg Eddie.Daffodil.jpg  (50 KB)
Happy Birthday Plaque.jpg Happy Birthday Plaque.jpg  (52 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

DIBBERS
Posted: Monday June 02, 2008 7:34 AM

cakeacasion - oh my - your work is outstanding !
The brushed embroidery is absolutely gorgeous ! That is my favorite -

thanks for sharing -

Betsy
jacob711@ktis.net

Report Violation

Bottom

vickeytap
Posted: Tuesday June 10, 2008 9:10 AM

Hi Cakeacasion

Thank you for your help I saw that on this morning and the boards that he done. Now that is talent !!! I am in the uk I live in surrey.

I will definatley be emailing you.
Thanks

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Weddings < REFRESH >
Navigation: