skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Making your own Pistil and Stamens
theicedqueen 04/11/2012 12:47 AM
The prefab pistil and stamens certainly are a timesaver, but if you're so inclined it's easy to make your own: http://theicedqueen.blogspot.com/2012/04/stargazer-lily-pistil-and-stamens.html
fransancreations 04/12/2012 12:52 PM
Nice...
gil_cake 04/12/2012 3:15 PM
Very beautiful flower. Absolutely love your blog by the way. It's very useful and helpful.
theicedqueen 04/12/2012 3:26 PM
Thank you so much! It makes me very happy to hear feedback like that. Motivating! I'll try to have another type of lily up soon. I keep running out of one material or another… ;)
rowantree 07/03/2012 3:52 PM
Hi icequeen, your petals and leaves are beautiful, but the pistil and stamen are very incorrect (as are the ones sold by Wilton though); The pistil is much thinner with a little glob on top, and the stamens are almost T-shaped at the ends. Should be simple enough to also make DIY though. I've attached a pic of a real one for reference.

I do like your blog! Lots of very helpful info there--keep it up!
Attachments:
DeanneC 07/11/2012 7:08 PM
This ws made according to the book directions that come with the flower cutter set. It is a lot of work and beautiful. Here's my version.
Attachments:
jordansmom 07/22/2012 9:22 PM
I love how you had the closed bud on your stargazer! That's a really nice touch.
theicedqueen 07/22/2012 10:08 PM
I LOVE the bud! It's one of the easiest things you can make, but it really adds a lot, huh? I think it would look really cool on a tiger lily (orange!)
dietcokenoice 07/31/2012 9:53 AM
theicedqueen - Your flower looks fantastic, so realistic. I love it!!! I give everyone credit for taking so much time to make such beautiful flowers like this. Thanks for sharing your pic. Plus I'm loving your blog