skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Advanced Gum Paste Flowers Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Wisteria Vines?
Created On Sunday April 08, 2012 3:00 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

yaowsers
Posted: Sunday April 08, 2012 3:00 PM

Hiya Folks!
You knew this had to come up...I'm actually a little behind in asking this. Does anyone know how to make wisteria flowers/vines? You know, like the ones found in the Twilight movie Breaking Dawn Part I at Edward and Bella's wedding?
Thanks!
Amy

Report Violation

Bottom

rowantree
Posted: Tuesday July 03, 2012 4:28 PM

I'm working on a pattern for wisteria, but it's complicated. They are made up of a cluster of individual orchid-like flowers tapering down to barely opening buds, unless you make the cluster fully bloomed. a typical branch/vine will have many such clusters, o[an and in varying stages of openness, plus long leaf stems with flat leaves on opposite sides of the stem up to the single one on the end, often with a curling reaching bit of vine at the end of the branch.

I'm thinking it would take several sizes of cutter to make all the tapering clusters and buds, as well as the leaves.

3149074_com_dsc04803.jpg 3149074_com_dsc04803.jpg  (50 KB)
wisteria1.jpg wisteria1.jpg  (36 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

rowantree
Posted: Tuesday July 03, 2012 4:30 PM

I've attached another picture of the leaves.

wisteria leaves and buds.jpg wisteria leaves and buds.jpg  (60 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

Leucippus
Posted: Friday August 03, 2012 8:49 AM

I realise that this question was asked in April, and you may have already completed this project. I was looking through my books the other day for something else and came across some instructions to make Wisteria.

The directions were in Allison Proctor's book "Simplifying Sugar Flowers". On p. 71 she has a picture of the flower/vine with a note on colours. She says it is made in the same was as a "broom flower". The complete Broom flower instructions and photos are on pages 18-19. The only difference between them is colour, apparently.

In general, her book is well written with clear step by step instructions and there are templates at the back of the book which you can trace onto cardstock and make your own cutters. This is good for special projects that you might only do once or twice. No need to buy expensive cutters that will sit in a cupboard for a long time once you are done.

You can always try your public library for the book if you don't feel like buying it.

Hope this helps!

Report Violation

Bottom

yaowsers
Posted: Friday August 03, 2012 6:33 PM

lol...i didn't need it for any particular reason, but just to have as something to work on and try out. it was a gorgeous wedding set up in the movie - though i didn't really care for their cake - and the flowers decorating the wedding were just lovely.

thank you so much for responding! i'll have to look for that book and thank you so much for the pages and stuff! soooo helpful!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Advanced Gum Paste Flowers Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Navigation: