skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Cake Pop Dipping
Created On Saturday October 06, 2012 1:35 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

teresamarie416
Posted: Saturday October 06, 2012 1:35 PM

I'm making cake pops. I used the Babycakes cake pop machine to bake the pops, now I'm trying to dip them. The pops were in the freezer overnight, so they aren't going to fall apart (hopefully!) when i try to dip them. I melted the Wiltons chocolates on defrost until they were melted, but it is so thick, that it won't pour, it just stayin in the cup I melted it in. I can't dip the pops in becuase the chocolate is so thick. I can stir it and use a butter knife to spread it on the pops, so I know it isn't burned or seized (this has happened to me before). I can't figure out how to get it smoother. When I use regualar chocolate chips, it melts fine and smooth and creamy. But these chocolates always seem to be so thick! It almost has the consistancy of peanut butter. Please help! I'm trying to dip them now!!

Report Violation

Bottom

stacylmf
Posted: Saturday October 06, 2012 4:35 PM

I am trying to dip mine right now they keep falling off in the icing im guessing they are to moist:(

Report Violation

Bottom

dittomom
Posted: Saturday October 06, 2012 7:49 PM

Sometimes the candy melts are old and don't melt easily. You can try adding some shortening to the chocolate as you melt it. Also you need to dip your lollipop stick into the melted chocolate...then put the stick into the cake pop. Freeze for about an hour. When I make cake truffles...pops without a stick, I stick a toothpick into the cake pop and then freeze overnight. It makes dipping SO much easier when the stick is frozen into the pop! Once the cake truffle thaws just take out the toothpick. Good Luck!!

Report Violation

Bottom

CollectorEJ
Posted: Sunday October 14, 2012 8:58 PM
View users profile

Instead of adding shortening you might want to try vegetable or canola oil. Also I've found that when you
are melting chocolate in the microwave take it out while there are still some unmelted chocolate and stir to finish the melting process. If you keep it in the microwave until everything is melted it will be thick.

When making buckeyes years ago I used parafin then I found out about using vegetable or canola oil. I like it
a lot better.

The other thing I do when I'm working with chocolate I don't worry about getting the right amount of chocolate for what I'm dipping, I usually melt more than I need and then I add nuts to the left over chocolate to make candy.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Navigation: