skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Topic Title: how to dip
Created On Thursday September 13, 2012 2:11 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

kimodell
Posted: Thursday September 13, 2012 2:11 PM

I want to make cake pops but not on the stick. I see videos where they have a toothpick on the top of the cake pop. Is there any other way to do it because I don't want a hole on top or have to make a design that covers the top.

Report Violation

Bottom

treen16pops
Posted: Friday September 28, 2012 11:32 AM

When I make cake balls without the stick i use a toothpick, dip the ball, then with the toothpick take some of the melted chocolate/candy and and fill the hole.

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Monday October 01, 2012 9:22 AM

If you don't use some type of stick, the chocolate will pool at the bottom when you put them down and they won't be perfectly round...which may be OK for what you need. I've made them that way and just tossed them in the melted chocolate and used a fork to scoop them out, letting the extra drip off, then put on wax paper to dry, then served in paper cups. But, if you want them round w/no stick, I'd use the toothpick and after dipping stick it in styrofoam to dry. Afterward you can cover that little hole with some extra melted chocolate. Try not to handle the chocolate with your hands too much cuz they may melt or you'll see smudges. Good luck. Nothing is ever easy!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

kimodell
Posted: Tuesday October 02, 2012 12:57 PM

I made them last week, used the white candy tool and dipped them in and poured with a spoon over the top, it worked well, then put them on wax paper and took a very thin stick and slipped them off. It worked really well. Since I had never made them, I was a bit confused on the candy getting lumps in it but someone said that it probably was getting that because of the cold pops and not cake, which I thought it might be, and they said I just needed to heat it up more once in a while. I used a melting pot. I saved the almond bark and will see if that was the problem.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Navigation: