skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: cake pop expertise!
relentrio 06/07/2012 11:25 AM
would love some advice!
I have to make 90 vanilla cake pops and 90 redvelvet ones for my friends wedding.

Since they are being done in a higher volume what would you recommend melting the chocolate in? would a crock pot work?
I plan on using candy melts

How long in advance could I make them??
Thanks so much!!!
cupcakesbymegan 06/07/2012 4:21 PM
I always use a crock pot! I have a few different sizes depending on the amount of chocolate I will need! Have you worked with candy melts? If not.... I would give it some practice. It is sometimes WAY to thick to be dipping cake pops in. I always use almond bark which can be found at grocery stores (I get mine from Walmart)

As to how far in advanced.... If you arent individually wrapping them I would say Maybe two days if not the day before. If you are individually wrapping them then 2-3 days before. You could make them even sooner but these are for freshness... Especially since it is a wedding!

Hope this helps! Megan
cakepoptstop 06/08/2012 7:41 PM
I would start them 2 - 3 days before , save you the head ache of pulling an all day event and will give you a little lean if you over or under estimated something. Just make sure to keep them covered or they will dry out if you haven't dipped them.

Are you making the cute bride and groom ones?

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Cakepopstop
relentrio 06/08/2012 7:49 PM
Thanks so much for the advice! Yes I am attempting to make the bride and groom ones! I hope the turn out! I'm nervous about the tuxedo part and I'm nervous about making sure I buy enough chocolate! Lol I've done pops before but not to this magnitude lol I have added some cannula oil to chocolate in the past with good results. I'm def going to use my crock pot;) thanks wish me pop luck!
cakepoptstop 06/09/2012 12:03 PM
You would be surprised at how easy they actually are

Good luck !

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Cakepopstop
Kuchen Pops 06/12/2012 7:58 PM
As a rule you would need 1/2 pound of melts for 1 dozen pops - hope that helps in your calculations