skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Topic Title: How much to charge for cake pops??
Created On Wednesday May 23, 2012 10:18 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

making29
Posted: Wednesday May 23, 2012 10:18 AM

Ok so I am known for my baked goods at work and now people are asking me to make them items to purchase. I have never sold anything let alone to collegues. How much should I charge for basic cake pops. When I say basic I mean a cake pop dipped in chocolate with some sprinkles, in a bag with a tie. I also make chocolate lollipops and need to know how much to charge for them. I don't want to over price them but I also don't want to do the work for a tiny fee. Help!!!!

Report Violation

Bottom

bettycece
Posted: Wednesday May 23, 2012 12:26 PM

here in Rhode Island I know this one person that sells her chocolate pops for 1.25 and the cake pops for 2.00 ......I guess it all depends on where you are from?

Report Violation

Bottom

PinkPiggy
Posted: Tuesday June 05, 2012 2:53 PM

Hi Making29! I sell cake pops for $2.25 each just as you have indicated in your question and I charge an additional 50-cents for bagging. Anything more is more $. Cake Pops are A LOT of work!

Our cake pops are NO comparison to the $1.50 pops that sell at the major coffee retailer. Those pops were made with preservatives and then shipped out on a truck to a location in the 50 continental states for however many days.

Note: All of my ingredients are organic--farm fresh eggs, KAF unbleached flour, organic milk etc.

I always tend to underestimate my first time doing something. After I calculate my time/hours spent in production, if you will---I find a good price.

Good luck with everything!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakepoptstop
Posted: Friday June 08, 2012 7:45 PM

I charge anywhere from 25 - 45 a dozen , they are A LOT of work. Time is money and your not running a charity.

For a basic i would charge 35$ that should cover your cost and your labor and still be fair.

People have no idea how much work and dedication cake pops are. i can remember my first try , oh man i had pops floating in chocolate and they weighed a ton !

http://www.etsy.com/shop/Cakepopstop

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Navigation: