skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: Candy Melts vs. Almond Bark
HebberD 02/06/2012 6:03 PM
I am about to venture into my first time of making cake pops and have been looking around at what others do to coat them. Some are saying they dip them in Almond Bark ( I guess it is a cheaper route?) Others say ONLY use candy melts (most prefer Wilton ) Has anyone tried Almond Bark? Does it work? Or is the only way to go candy melts?

Thanks for your thoughts!

berry good 02/06/2012 11:36 PM
I have used both & prefer the almond bark. It melts smoother & does not need to be thinned out as the melts do. Also tastes alot better!!!!!! HTH
cycakes 02/21/2012 5:40 PM
I have always used either wilton melts or make a mold melts with success. I found some inexpensive almond bark and agree with the other post, not only was it less expensive, but it was much smoother! I didn't have to add any crisco to it. It set great! Would def use it again!
cupcakesbymegan 02/22/2012 4:09 PM
How do you melt the almond bark??? a glass bowl?
cupcakesbymegan 02/22/2012 4:09 PM
or double boiler?
HebberD 02/22/2012 5:13 PM
I have a fondue pot that has a level for melting and level for keeping it warm so I use that.
berry good 02/22/2012 11:52 PM
I used my 4 cup Pyrex measuring cup & microwaved it according to the directions on the package, then kept it warm in a pan with water in it on the stove on low. Be careful not to get the simmering water in the chocolate,it will be unusable. HTH