skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Topic Title: pricing cake pops
Created On Sunday October 30, 2011 4:54 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

rsm2175
Posted: Sunday October 30, 2011 4:54 PM

Any thoughts on how much to charge per dozen for basic (not character) cake pops?

Report Violation

Bottom

ritterwoman
Posted: Sunday October 30, 2011 5:39 PM

I am charging $1.00 each, $25.00 for 3 dozen and $50.00 for 100

Report Violation

Bottom

rsm2175
Posted: Sunday October 30, 2011 6:13 PM

I've been charging $20/dozen but was thinking about bumping it up to $25/dozen because of the time involved.

Report Violation

Bottom

dodie's delights
Posted: Monday October 31, 2011 3:13 PM

I am charging 1.00 per plain pop and if they are decorated 1.50 and depends on how they want them displayed if they are just going to put them on a paper cup upside down (those paper things you put cupcakes in but smaller) then take them in a box for them to display themselves that i all but if I put them in one of those boxes and decorate I add on my price of the cake box and ribbons. There is a really cool stand I bought at Hobby Lobby that is plastic, it is tiered and holds 18 pops it is AWESOME but the cost of it is 9.99 but if they bring it back that is a great display. But if you don't know the people it is hard to ask for your stand back. Know what I mean? But you have to add that into your price. Transporting them is really hard. I have found those Styrofoam rings you get at craft stores work well but they are so expensive. Any ideas would be great!

Report Violation

Bottom

cupcake6683
Posted: Tuesday January 10, 2012 9:18 AM

I also charge $1.00 a pop for the basic...I haven't made any that were decorated other than with sprinkles yet that I have sold. I am going to make Valentine bouquets this year and put them in a vase along with candy kisses. I'm not sure what to charge. They are very time consuming and pricey....but you cannot charge too much, because then nobody would buy lol

Report Violation

Bottom

Nimoway
Posted: Tuesday January 10, 2012 5:27 PM

I think I'm going with $1.50 for lightly decorated pops. That includes the bag. I think for the more involved designs (like chicks or santa hats) that take many steps, I'm either going to bump it up to $2 each or just add a flat rate. Otherwise you end up paying yourself barely anything for your time. (And I'm going to keep telling myself that until I believe it

Report Violation

Bottom

Paully
Posted: Monday February 13, 2012 5:51 PM

Hello Pop makers,

I need your help. I just started with my business and as all of you know it is fun but also time consuming. I just received an order for a wedding. the brides wants cakes on a stick but I don't know how much to charge. :-( I just to charge $1.00 to $1.50 depending on the design.
All suggestions and ideas are welcome.

Thanks

Report Violation

Bottom

KCCarmen
Posted: Tuesday February 14, 2012 9:59 AM

Take into consideration that Bride's want everything at their wedding to be perfect. Since you may spend a bit more time on them, you should charge accordingly. $2 ea minimum! If you are wrapping and tying them, charge extra for those materials and the time it takes to do it. If she wants them displayed in a special stand, either charge for the stand, or buy it and charge her a deposit that she will get back once it is returned to you unharmed. (This way you can use it for future clients as well). Don't sell yourself short. These things are time consuming! Good luck!! :-)

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetcakescakepops
Posted: Friday February 17, 2012 9:15 AM

I charge $25.00 for a basic dozen, $30 and up for characters or specialty ones. I just bought a plastic stand for $9.99 but I only give that to people I know. Other than that I make a stand out of foam blocks but I add that as $5+ extra. I was buying containers at Target for $1 and not charging extra but now I only do that for peole I know also. Making the pops is very time consuming and sometimes I feel like even charging what I do is not enough! I have a minimum of a dozen for an order but it has to be one flavor. I was being nice before and letting people mix flavors but then I ended up having so many left over. I take those to work and charge $1 so I don't end up sitting at home eating them haha
You really have to write down your cost for everything you buy for an order (even the stands) and figure out how much it costs you to make them and charge accordingly. They are a cute idea and people love them and if you market it right, even if you are just starting out, you can make money. I went on vistaprint and got cute business cards, a website and flyers for so cheap. And the Dollar Store is my best friend for containers and different things for holidays!

Good luck!!

Report Violation

Bottom

lindasmith01
Posted: Tuesday March 06, 2012 6:51 PM

I am making 200 cake pops and they need to be turquoise if possible. I have a Scooby-Doo Sprinkles and it has a turquoise color in them. I don't have enough with only that one set. Does Wilton still make them? Or does anybody know how to mix colors together to color white chocolate a turquoise color? What should I charge to do these? I plan on putting a turquoise ribbon on these also. Depending on how I color the pops. Thanks in advance for your help.

Report Violation

Bottom

gypsyeyess
Posted: Wednesday March 07, 2012 12:24 PM
View users profile

Wilton has candy coloring you can use to color white chocolate, they sell it at Michaels if you have one near by. Good luck!.. ( OH since its near spring, they might have turquois sprinkles at Michaels in the easter seasonal section)

Report Violation

Bottom

Miss_Pastelera
Posted: Sunday March 11, 2012 3:08 PM

@lindasmith01- The only way I found of making tourquoise is with mixing 20 blue and 6 green in the Neon colors but I'm not sure I have found or ran across neon colors for candy coloring. You can try and mix normal blue and green and kind of play with it some till you reach the color you desire.

Report Violation

Bottom

trevell
Posted: Monday March 12, 2012 10:29 AM

Where did you get your website from?

Report Violation

Bottom

kaylamartinez88
Posted: Tuesday April 10, 2012 3:37 PM

I HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS ON THE CAKE POP WORLD I JUST RECENTLY MADE CAKE POPS SHAPPED AS A CROSS AND THE STICK WAS VERY SECURE IN THE POP AND THEN AS THE LADY I MADE THEM FOR WENT TO PASS THEM OUT THEY FELL APART AND I DONT KNOW WHAT I DID WRONG OR WHAT I NEED TO DO IN ORDER TO GET MY CAKE POPS TO BE THAT MUCH MORE SECURE??? PLEASE PLEASE HELP
\

Report Violation

Bottom

cmcakes
Posted: Sunday April 22, 2012 1:49 PM

Have you tried dipping the popstick in candy/coating first before inserting it into the cake portion? This usually helps give the cake something to hold on to inside so it won't fall off.

Report Violation

Bottom

Bianca94
Posted: Sunday October 20, 2013 4:21 PM

I Charge $24 a Dozen ($2 Ea) For Simple Round Cake Pops (Sprinkle or Drizzle/Swirl Design) and $30 a Dozen ($2.50 Ea) For More Complicated/Character Cake Pops. Making Cake Pops Are Veryyy Time Consuming and Costly. You Have to Consider The Chocolate, Cake Mix/Ingredients, Sprinkles, Sticks, Bags, Ribbon and Display (I Usually Do a 3 Tier Styrofoam Display.) If You Want You Can Also Charge a $15 Material Fee. If Someone Orders a Dozen Simple Cake Pops ($24) and I Spend $15 on Material I Would Technically Only Make $9. Don't Cheat Yourself. Happy Baking

Report Violation

Bottom

stevem13
Posted: Tuesday November 26, 2013 5:51 AM

$10.00 per dozen should be good enough.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Navigation: