skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Topic Title: CAKE BALL ROLLER
Created On Saturday July 02, 2011 8:37 AM
Topic View:

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format

sashayjerilynn
Posted: Saturday July 02, 2011 8:37 AM

Greetings,

I just had to share a new product that I found out about today and it is called the CAKE BALL ROLLER check out the video on youtube here : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ROyGsnJ_3b0

How cool is that??? I would love to get one but unfortunately I can't afford it right now. Maybe there might be a sale during the holiday season :0)

Enjoy!

Report Violation

Bottom

Kelly Girl
Posted: Monday July 04, 2011 10:34 AM

Super cool, but super pricey! The price isn't worth it, unless you make them often and sell a lot of them

Report Violation

Bottom

BackingCrazy
Posted: Thursday July 07, 2011 3:20 PM

It's a really cool idea and I would love to have one. But it is way to expensive.

Report Violation

Bottom

Stephanie72
Posted: Thursday July 07, 2011 10:26 PM

I'm a sucker for new gadgets. I bought one. It should be here tomorrow and I cannot wait to use it. Yea, it was pricey, too pricey, but I bought it anyway! My sister in law and I will get alot of use out of it though! I'll report back how it is!

Report Violation

Bottom

GiGi80
Posted: Monday July 11, 2011 2:22 PM
View users profile

When I saw that it was expensive, I was thinking maybe $50 or $60 but $270.00, wow!

I have admit, it is neat and would make making cake pops go a whole heck of a lot faster but that is too much.

Report Violation

Bottom

Chewy Chunkies
Posted: Monday August 01, 2011 11:35 AM

Cool but way too expensive.... if it were $50.00 I'd buy one.

Report Violation

Bottom

cutedoggie
Posted: Tuesday August 02, 2011 1:18 AM

Yes, it is an excessive chunk of change!

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokehead98
Posted: Wednesday August 31, 2011 3:58 PM

I use a small wilton cookie ball thingee. Love it!

Report Violation

Bottom

Mbranko24
Posted: Wednesday August 31, 2011 7:15 PM

dietcokehead-

Before I begin- LOVE the name! I have DC running in my veins.

What Wilton cookie ball thing are you referring to? Is it a scooper? Can you provide a link? I have the Oxo small cookie scoop, which is a good size.

Report Violation

Bottom

Bake_N_Cake
Posted: Wednesday August 31, 2011 8:14 PM

I am wondering as well.

You know what might also work very well is a meat baller. You can get them in different sizes. I think Williams Sonoma and Pampered Chef sell them in various sizes.

Report Violation

Bottom

Mbranko24
Posted: Wednesday August 31, 2011 8:49 PM

That meat ballet looks like it would make a good ball. My issues are always with getting the balls round- my hands can never get them round and they always look mis-shapen.

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokehead98
Posted: Thursday September 01, 2011 10:32 AM

http://www.sears.com/shc/s/p_10153_12605_SPM3294030901P?sid=IDx20101019x00001b&srccode=cii_18492716&cpncode=21-158144944-2

I paid $3 for it at Michaels and it's white. I scoop the dough into my hand, finish the roll off and voila! All the same size and perfectly round!

Report Violation

Bottom

Mbranko24
Posted: Thursday September 01, 2011 11:27 AM

I do that with my Oxo scoop- I have issues rolling. I know i must be doing something wrong b/c they are never nice and round

Report Violation

Bottom

sashayjerilynn
Posted: Thursday September 01, 2011 12:35 PM

Stephanie72 have you & your Sister In Law got a chance to use it yet? I would love to hear your review of the product.

Report Violation

Bottom

karenforkakes
Posted: Monday September 12, 2011 4:25 PM

Kohls had a baby pop maker on sale a couple of weeks ago for $20.00 they make lots of pops pretty quickly

Report Violation

Bottom

redmonkey
Posted: Wednesday September 14, 2011 5:58 PM

u can try amazon.. its cheaper there

Report Violation

Bottom

Kuchen Pops
Posted: Monday September 19, 2011 5:26 AM
View users profile

The baby cakes pop maker should not be confused with actual cake pops.

Cake Pops are baked cake mixed with icing and dipped in chocolate, giving them a truffle like texture and taste.

Baby Cakes Pops are baked cake dipped in chocolate, would be no different than making a cake and putting a chocolate coating on it.

Report Violation

Bottom

thebakingbar
Posted: Tuesday September 20, 2011 8:56 PM

I bought the roller because I do tons of cake balls.. I have had the roller for over 2 months now and they NEVER come out as instructed in the you tube video. They are always broken open or indented. Not sure why it does this since I have tried really moist cake, and not too moist cake when doing them.. I also rolled them out thick and thin and still the same problem!!! Its faster for me to do them by hand then to keep messing with the roller.. its ashame I paid soooo much $$ for it and it doesnt work like I need it to.. :( boo:(

Report Violation

Bottom

Stephanie72
Posted: Tuesday September 20, 2011 9:00 PM

thebakingbar: are you getting a hole in the center? If so, you're rolling them back and forth too much. You only need a few rolls. The more you rolll, the bigger that center hole will get and they'll fall apart. If you haven't done so already, check out the facebook page for the roller's creater (Best Cake Pops). There's alot of people posting with their problems and tons of suggestions. It might help. Once you get the hang of it, you'll love it.

The only thing I don't like is how big it makes them. I like mine a bit smaller. And also, they end up being alot more doughy than I usually do. But it really cuts the rolling time down so it's worth it.

Report Violation

Bottom

Cupsandcakes
Posted: Friday September 23, 2011 3:45 PM

I think this is a fantastic idea but too expensive, 1000's would sell at $50

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Navigation: