skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Cake pop class coming soon!
Created On Saturday April 09, 2011 7:43 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format

thin4life
Posted: Saturday April 09, 2011 7:43 PM

Just found out Wilton is coming out with a cake pop class. Not sure when but should be soon!

Report Violation

Bottom

Bake_N_Cake
Posted: Wednesday April 13, 2011 9:57 PM

They can't get their book straight on cake pops and want to do a class? How about putting the horse before the cart.

Report Violation

Bottom

tildastreasures
Posted: Thursday April 21, 2011 8:41 PM

ohhhhh ahhhhh when is this going to take place? anybody know?

Report Violation

Bottom

Chewy Chunkies
Posted: Friday April 22, 2011 9:48 AM

Sweet! I was thinking about doing my own class but got caught up on the details such as.....
(assuming it was to take place at Michael's craft store)

How (if there is no refrigerator) do you let the cake pops set before dipping?

Would you just purchase multiple Wilton chocolate melting pots, and let the students use them instead of having them purchase their own?

Just some thoughts I had when planning my own cake pops class.... would love to hear what y'all think.

Report Violation

Bottom

tildastreasures
Posted: Friday April 22, 2011 10:50 AM

maybe you instead of doing it at a store can do it at your home, or friends homes. run it like a mary k/pampered chef party. give discounts/supplies to the person holding the party.

this is how i would do it (giving it very little thought)
have a set number of people you can have (based on how many pots you have available.)
so if you have 3 pots say you can have no more than 6-9 people at the party(2-3 people per pot)
set a price for the class(make sure to cover costs and make some.)
have the students make the balls ahead of time so you dont have to wait on them to cool at the party(maybe make it a 2 day deal?)
give discounts/prizes to the party holder/guests for example
the person hosting will get X.00 off their next order or if you get people to host a party mentioning their name you will give a dollar ammount back to the host. this will get people spreading the word so they can get a few bucks back. i would set a limit like the class has to be made within 3 months after their class was held, you can only get 5.00 back whatever. dont make yourself go in the hole, but make it a goal for them to get you business.

hopefully that all make sense.

Report Violation

Bottom

Chewy Chunkies
Posted: Friday April 22, 2011 12:49 PM

Good ideas! I thought you had to have a license to run it out of your home?

Report Violation

Bottom

tildastreasures
Posted: Friday April 22, 2011 1:42 PM

Some states yes,some states no. BUT i think as long as your not "running a business" like if your not posting all over newspapers and such your looking for business that would require a licence, but if its just word of mouth i dont think it would. I could totally be wrong

Report Violation

Bottom

cutedoggie
Posted: Saturday April 23, 2011 1:03 AM

Use small crock pots instead of the Wilton melters. They are cheaper. I purchased a small one at Walgreens and the inside comes out to wash easily. I think it was like 11 bucks and has 3 heat settings - warm, and the traditional hi and lo of a crock pot.

Report Violation

Bottom

tildastreasures
Posted: Saturday April 23, 2011 6:19 PM

i was thinking if you dont need a lot you could use a large coffee cup and a cup/candle warmer. i think they are 5.00 ish here. those may work.

Report Violation

Bottom

cutedoggie
Posted: Saturday April 23, 2011 11:42 PM

My friend use the small pot pouri burners which look like mini crock pots. I have seen them at flea markets for a few bucks and they are non-stick. LOL

I guess we can get pretty crafty to save a buck.

Report Violation

Bottom

thin4life
Posted: Wednesday May 04, 2011 8:51 PM

Cake pop classes at Michael's will start in June!

Report Violation

Bottom

Cake Lady D
Posted: Thursday May 19, 2011 1:43 AM

I am a Wilton Instructor at Michaels and the classes should start some time in July.

Report Violation

Bottom

Bake_N_Cake
Posted: Thursday May 19, 2011 2:52 AM

Is the class a one time project class or a 4 week class? Thanks!

How is the class structured to handle frozen cake balls? Do you bring them to class frozen?

Report Violation

Bottom

Computermama
Posted: Monday July 04, 2011 12:16 PM

I'm taking this class starting this week. It's a project class, 2 sessions, for us they're a week apart. The first class they don't ask you to bring a lot, mostly the wilton pops book, sticks and 5-6 rice krispie treats, with various other household stuff like cloths, shortening, waxed paper. I just sent a message to my instructor to find out if the rice krispie treats should be storebought or if I can bring homemade ones.

The second class is a little more involved, it lists your homework between classes as making and dipping 12 or more pops. The second class asks you to bring disposable bags coupler and tips, a display stand, brushes, and various sprinkles (most are listed as optional) along with bowls for the sprinkles.

It does not list a melting pot among the necessities, but I'd imagine when I get into class it'll be listed as a recommended optional item.

Report Violation

Bottom

jillvandeberg44
Posted: Friday July 08, 2011 4:55 PM

I'm a Wilton Method Instructor....& I will be teaching a Course in September. It's a 2 class lesson. 1 1/2 hours each.

Report Violation

Bottom

TBCALE
Posted: Saturday July 09, 2011 4:09 PM

WELCOME jillvandeberg44. Glad you have joined. I to am a WMI and was thinking about doing a pops class. Can you let me know what you think of the class after you do yours. I would really appreciate it. Thanks a bunch.

Report Violation

Bottom

ladycatisadiva
Posted: Wednesday July 13, 2011 9:25 AM
View users profile

mmmmm interesting....

Report Violation

Bottom

cutedoggie
Posted: Saturday July 16, 2011 2:47 PM

Any updates on the class? I am curious about how the class setting is going to handle the pops frozen and melted candy to cover the pops.

Thanks!

Report Violation

Bottom

Computermama
Posted: Wednesday August 03, 2011 8:05 AM

We were expected to bring our pops pre dipped, and there was a microwave for melting candy melts if we wanted to. Most of us used icing to attach decorations or piping gel.

Report Violation

Bottom

reese68
Posted: Friday August 05, 2011 11:54 AM

Is the Cake Pops class going to be offered at Micheals in Bloomington, Ill

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Pops < REFRESH >
Navigation: