skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Flowers & Cake Design Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Lilly not drying
Created On Thursday June 21, 2012 8:16 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

fieldofdaisys
Posted: Thursday June 21, 2012 8:16 AM

Hi all I need some help I made the Lilly last night and when I went to take one out of the foil it was still soft and fell apart.
Can I put them in the fridge? or what can I do to make them dry faster? I have class tonight and no time to make more. Help!!

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Friday June 22, 2012 8:26 AM
View users profile

You can put them in front of a fan, or in the oven with just the light on, but no heat, in a dehydrator. Is it very humid where you live right now? That will effect how long RI takes to dry. Even in good circumstances, it can take 24-48 hours for a lily to dry, you really have to work several days in advance when doing those flowers. I do not recommend putting them in the fridge.

Report Violation

Bottom

fieldofdaisys
Posted: Friday June 22, 2012 1:17 PM

Thank you so much but I totally screwed up i first made them out of butter crem in stead of royal icing duuu so by the time i got to class they fell apart , but it was a good thing I made 20 roses and 40 violets and 10 rose buds so it turned out good anyway I think I'm going to take the first two classes over again so i can feel more confandent in my work. thank you again

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Flowers & Cake Design Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Navigation: