skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Flowers & Cake Design Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Pansy cutter
Created On Saturday March 03, 2012 9:41 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

Deviant
Posted: Saturday March 03, 2012 9:41 PM

I have almost everything I need that comes in the kit. BUT I can't find the Pansy cutter. I'm I over looking it some where? I really really don't want to pay $34 just to get a pansy cutter lol

Report Violation

Bottom

gypsyeyess
Posted: Saturday March 03, 2012 9:54 PM
View users profile

where are you? have you tried Joanns?

Report Violation

Bottom

Deviant
Posted: Saturday March 03, 2012 10:21 PM

I am in Va I have looked in there BUT the one that is close to me is trying to sell everything out because they are moving just two doors down lol I guess they don't want to move a lot of stuff

Report Violation

Bottom

gypsyeyess
Posted: Saturday March 03, 2012 10:46 PM
View users profile

depending where you are in VA, .. have you tried AC Moore? or Hobby Lobby? Walmart has had some Wilton products (Surprised the snot out of me when I was in the other day and saw the stuff on the shelves! Near birthday party trinkets). Hope this helps. Good luck!

Report Violation

Bottom

Deviant
Posted: Saturday March 03, 2012 11:39 PM

but I have not even seen it on Wilton at all besides in the kit

Report Violation

Bottom

Deviant
Posted: Saturday March 03, 2012 11:49 PM

I don't even see it in the Gum Paste Flower Cutter Set

Report Violation

Bottom

gypsyeyess
Posted: Sunday March 04, 2012 12:12 AM
View users profile

Ohhh K... the Daisy punch is what we used to make pansy's with. the one I have is pink/white and rectangle shaped it looks a lot like a 'playdoh' punch. I have seen this in my local Michaels store sold separately from a kit. I don't see the one I had in my kit, but they do have a purple one. If you need, I can take a pic of mine and put it up on here tomorrow (sunday)

Report Violation

Bottom

gypsyeyess
Posted: Sunday March 04, 2012 12:14 AM
View users profile

I found it.. here is the link...

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=93495A6C-423B-522D-FB0EE360B635BD6D&fid=D765F8F9-1E0B-C910-EA4F24C2C3266017

Report Violation

Bottom

Deviant
Posted: Sunday March 04, 2012 9:43 AM

I have that but in the list of things this and the pansy cutter is on the list. And what is the white thing between that and the gold foil

class 2a.JPG class 2a.JPG  (27 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

gypsyeyess
Posted: Sunday March 04, 2012 11:36 AM
View users profile

I would say that the Daisy cutter is so close to the pansy i shape that it would work just fine. Your going to 'curl' and 'stretch' the sides up and around to make it look like a pansy anyhow. so the base shape is the 5 round-ish petals. the thuing between that and the gold foil..... the lily nail? It is in 2 pieces there is a top and bottom to the lily nail. in between each piece of gold foil and the next piece of gold foil is a white piece of paper just to keep the foil from sticking to itself and ripping.

Report Violation

Bottom

Deviant
Posted: Sunday March 04, 2012 5:48 PM

Daisy cutter? wow I am glad you come on here lol. now let me look for that one I don't think I have the stuff for the course 3 so I will buy that kit lol, thank you soooo much for dealing with me haha

Report Violation

Bottom

gypsyeyess
Posted: Sunday March 04, 2012 6:15 PM
View users profile

ohh YAY!! I am so glad I could help! the daisy cutter is on here.. I think in Fondant tools..Maybe...

Report Violation

Bottom

atomicladie
Posted: Sunday March 18, 2012 5:33 PM

Can't you just borrow one from someone in class or use the instructors? Our instructor was always willing to share whatever she had. Only takes a minute or two to cut out a few shapes. I woudn't stress out about it. I personally think that the pansy is not very pretty compared to royal icing ones, and can not ever see doing it again to tell you the truth.

Report Violation

Bottom

Deviant
Posted: Sunday March 18, 2012 8:52 PM

I would like one just in case someone wants them on their cake, I am starting to do more and more cakes now. That's why I am trying to find one

Report Violation

Bottom

Bakes_Bunches
Posted: Monday March 26, 2012 7:44 PM

The pansy cutter is a five petal cutter. You can get one at a cake shop. It is only in the student kit and is not sold separately by Wilton.

Report Violation

Bottom

SqueakyClean
Posted: Monday December 10, 2012 11:09 PM

Ladies, I know that I am late to the game, but you are confusing the cutters. The one circled is the pansy it can be substituted with the rose cutter set. Not the daisy cutter, it has more petals and they are narrower and longer. Hopefully you have found this out.

Report Violation

Bottom

SqueakyClean
Posted: Monday December 10, 2012 11:09 PM

Ladies, I know that I am late to the game, but you are confusing the cutters. The one circled is the pansy it can be substituted with the rose cutter set. Not the daisy cutter, it has more petals and they are narrower and longer. Hopefully you have found this out.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Flowers & Cake Design Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Navigation: