skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Gum Paste & Fondant Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Topic Title: How to speed up gumpaste hardening
Created On Thursday August 12, 2010 10:00 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

jedah
Posted: Thursday August 12, 2010 10:00 PM

Guys! Help!!! i am making gumpaste roses for a cake...it is a rush cake...I made it yesterday the whole day and when i woke up today...it still is soft and somewhat "sweaty"....Waaaa!! is there a way i maybe able to hasten the hardening cause today is Friday morning here and i need the flowers tomorrow(saturday) evening....huhuhuhu! :'(..kindly help!

Report Violation

Bottom

ponyjockey
Posted: Friday August 13, 2010 11:09 AM

Make sure that they are in the open air, if they are in a container, they will not dry very well so keep them out on the counter. You can still work with flowers that are slightly "soft", its not something that you should do if you can, but in a tight spot, you will be fine.

Report Violation

Bottom

Cathys cakes
Posted: Friday August 20, 2010 7:34 AM

If you have a dehydrator you can put them in there.

Report Violation

Bottom

provenb1950
Posted: Friday August 20, 2010 8:41 AM
View users profile

When I was making my flowers in the classroom they were drying too quick! It was because there was a fan going on high to cool off the room. You might try that to see how that works out for you.

Be sure to post a picture when you're done. Would love to see how it all works out.

Bonnie

Report Violation

Bottom

shellfoord
Posted: Wednesday November 10, 2010 8:45 PM

Please Help!!
I made my first lot of gumpaste flowers/leaves etc during the day and they were dry and hardened when I left them at night. In the morning, they were all wet/sweaty and had 'melted'. I had left them out overnight on my workbench some on a plastic tray and some on my drying moulds. I thought I had to leave them to dry out or was I supposed to put them away somehow? They are all ruined and I have to start again but wanted some advice because it will happen again!

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Thursday November 18, 2010 7:34 PM

Gum paste does need to be exposed to the air to dry. Is it really humid or cold there? That could certainly do them in. Next time, leave them on a cookie sheet and place in the oven with the light on overnight. Good luck!

Report Violation

Bottom

quincee4u
Posted: Monday December 27, 2010 6:40 PM

will it hurt to put them on a sheet pan in a warm oven? Like maybe turn the oven on and then shut it off to just give it a bit of warmth.

Report Violation

Bottom

Huntoza
Posted: Sunday January 16, 2011 11:39 PM

I don't think putting them I'm a warm oven would help. I have personally tried and it became just a squishy mess

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Gum Paste & Fondant Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Navigation: