skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Gum Paste & Fondant Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Topic Title: fondant decorations in the refrigerator???
Created On Wednesday June 09, 2010 9:20 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

mmcinque11307
Posted: Wednesday June 09, 2010 9:20 PM

Can I put a cake with a large fondant decoration in the refrigerator for 2 days before being eaten? If not what's the best way to cover it without messing up all of the other decorations?? I have to deliver this cake 2 days prior to the date because of conflicting schedules and I don't know how well the fondant will hold up. Any info greatly appreciated. thanks.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Thursday June 10, 2010 7:11 AM
View users profile

Unless the cake has a filling or icing that requires refrigeration ( non commercial cream cheese for example) you can leave it out. The fondant will be fine.

Report Violation

Bottom

KARENALYNN7
Posted: Friday June 11, 2010 12:07 PM

I am a WMI, i personally either put the cake covered with fondant in a box with minimal air exposure. If it is all fondant on the outside you can wrap saran wrap around it and that will keep it okay. You do not want to let either out of the fridge or inside the cake covered with fondant get excessive air if you have a day or so before serving. The fondant gets hard. Hope this helps.

Report Violation

Bottom

selina
Posted: Friday June 11, 2010 1:41 PM

also if you refridgerate it, when you take it out the cake will sweat, not so much if it is boxed but there will be some moisture on the cake surface. just leave it alone and it will evaporate off. The sweating can cause colours to run and some decorations to slide down, like pearls and things.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Gum Paste & Fondant Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Navigation: