skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Decorating Basics Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Best Way Carry ur supplies?
Created On Thursday August 16, 2012 1:17 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

BeckyJS
Posted: Thursday August 16, 2012 1:17 PM

How does everyone carry and organize their supplies? I find I have a couple big boxes and my work space is unorganized!

Report Violation

Bottom

dietcokenoice
Posted: Thursday August 16, 2012 3:01 PM

That topic has been brought up here several times. Here's one of the links:

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadid=129932&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

Report Violation

Bottom

pinkpanther1215
Posted: Thursday August 16, 2012 3:48 PM

Becky, here's the link to what I use (last pg) im in the fondant class but u could use something like this for ur class as well. http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=14&threadid=149209&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=&STARTPAGE=3

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Thursday August 16, 2012 4:33 PM
View users profile

I would normally carry two canvas totes to class with me that contained everything. One tote held my Ultimate Decorating Kit, the second tote held the other stuff like ziploc bags, paper towels, bowls, etc. If I had to carry a cake with me, it went in its own carrying case, and I'd carry it separately.

All of my classes were at Hobby Lobby, so I'd go and grab a cart, bring it out to my car, and load it with all my stuff then push it to class. I'd keep the cart in the classroom to reload then to take everything back out to my car at the end of class.

Report Violation

Bottom

Kattykake
Posted: Tuesday August 28, 2012 5:19 PM

Great idea to use shopping cart!
I bought a toolbox at Walmart for my Basic class. It has a lift-out tray where I keep spatulas and 2 storage sections in the lid, where I keep my tips and couplers. Bags and icing tip go underneath tray.
Glad I bought the cake decorator set, too. It has 4 tips, 2 couplers, 5 icing color packets, size 10 featherweight bag, some disposable bags and INSTRUCTIONS with icing recipe. They also fit with basic kit in toolbox.
The course book (softcover) fits in toolbox, as well as container of frosting.
Also have ultra turntable, and other things (apron, notebook, wet cloths, etc.) that I schlep in large tote bag I bought for $1.00 at Christmas Tree checkout.

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Wednesday August 29, 2012 9:05 PM

For classes, I used a Wheeled Rolling Cart from Staples. For your home, that's a whole 'nother story!

wheeled office cart7.jpg wheeled office cart7.jpg  (18 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

Kareie
Posted: Thursday September 20, 2012 5:55 PM

when I took the class, I bought a storage box that was available at Walmart. It's a 'Creative Options grab and go' system, model # 1363-86. There's a compartment on the top plus the 3 drawers. The top one is shallow, perfect for holding tips. The other 2 are deeper. One holds the icing colours while the other one has the more advanced tools. The drawers can be bought individually and just grab the ones needed for class. Michael's carries the same thing but in different colours (pink and purple I think).

Good luck with what ever you choose.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Decorating Basics Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Navigation: