skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Decorating Basics Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Topic Title: planning to take the 1st course Wilton Decorating Basics, how much am i gonna end up spending?
Created On Thursday May 31, 2012 7:16 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format

SweetAry
Posted: Thursday May 31, 2012 7:16 PM

planning to take the 1st course Wilton Decorating Basics, in June, have a couple questions?

*so around how much am i gonna end up spending in total for the:
1st class/course only?
2nd class/course only?
3rd class/course only?
4th class/course only?

its $45 for the class but , Materials Not Included.
*So what and what kind of Materials do i need for the:
1st class/course only?
2nd class/course only?
3rd class/course only?
4th class/course only?

Also iam planning to take all 4 courses...
*so around how much money r we talking about am i gonna end up spending in total with all 4 courses /materials?
iam proubly asking to many questions, but i wanna make sure 1st how much money iam gonna spend
for each class on materials, and in total of all 4 courses together.
before i sign up cus right now my husband is the only one working so and i dont wanna sign up and i endup not having money to buy the materials for the courses.

so is it better to buy everything iam gonna need for all 4 courses then sign up for the classes????

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Friday June 01, 2012 6:40 PM

Can any one please answer my questions :0(

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Friday June 01, 2012 6:40 PM

Pleaseeee

Report Violation

Bottom

KRISTINCARLYLE
Posted: Friday June 01, 2012 10:32 PM

Hello I was just gonna give you an answer. If you shop on ebay you can get all 4 kits for $124.00. Then you need to add the extas that are not in the kit if you do not shop on ebay I can not find the 4th kit. But the first 3 are $98.97 plus 4th kit and exta supplies. So I think if you shop ebay thats the way to go. You can check this site to find the exta supplies or call the local place hosting and they should have a list. For all 4 classes I would say about $200.00 will be what you spend.

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Saturday June 02, 2012 1:59 AM

Thank u for the info

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Saturday June 02, 2012 2:06 AM

I saw this kit ( Wilton® Ultimate Decorating Set Tool Caddy
) for $119.00 is that a good price it was on sale

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Saturday June 02, 2012 2:07 AM

Hi thank for the info, I saw this kit (Wilton® Ultimate Decorating Set Tool Caddy
) for $119.00 is that a good price for that kit it was on sale

Report Violation

Bottom

KRISTINCARLYLE
Posted: Saturday June 02, 2012 8:03 AM

Yes I would say that is a good price look at amazon.com and check out it's price.I have more yo tell you but I need to go downstairs for a few.

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Saturday June 02, 2012 11:44 AM

Thank u :0)

Report Violation

Bottom

sophiabug
Posted: Saturday June 02, 2012 9:03 PM

Do you have a Joann's near you? The ultimate kit/caddy is $199.00 there but use a coupon (here's one for 50% mobile coupon).
http://mobilecoupons.joann.com/Live/SeeAllOffers

You can get similar coupons for micheals and AC Moore

I have the caddy and love it!

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Monday June 04, 2012 4:09 AM

Yeah but Micheals is closer to me thats where i saw it it was 40% off
, iam for sure gonna buy it then, Thank u For ur info

Report Violation

Bottom

dianajezebel
Posted: Monday June 04, 2012 8:04 AM

Use coupon, actualy Joann has 50% off I bought my 2 kit just for $18

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Tuesday June 05, 2012 9:13 AM

Oh really that's really really good price u got them for

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Wednesday June 06, 2012 8:10 AM
View users profile

The classes are cheap. The kits are relatively cheap. It's all the extras you end up buying, plus the ingredients for your cakes, buttercreams, royal icings, etc., that also add up.

This is not a cheap hobby. Be prepared to spend between $75-$100 if you buy all the optional stuff.

Report Violation

Bottom

Spooky_789
Posted: Wednesday June 06, 2012 8:10 AM
View users profile

And that figure is per course.

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Thursday June 07, 2012 12:48 PM

Yeah i got a list what I need to take theres lots of things n that list :0/

Report Violation

Bottom

DM315
Posted: Monday June 18, 2012 8:35 PM

Throughout the courses there are various supplies that you can purchase (some optional, others not so much) which will add up such as a turntable, additional spatulas, cake boards, bake even strips, icing colors, piping gel, additional featherweight or disposable bags (if you are tight on cash the featherweight are reusable and will save you in the long run, i would also suggest bag ties and tip covers for them) and that is only for course 1 not counting the numerous icing batches you have to make as well as 2 cakes and cupcakes. You can make one box cake in two 8" pans and freeze one for use in the final class and the icing will stay for 2 weeks in the fridge so you can use class 3 icing for class 4 (again all just in course 1). Most of these carry through the rest of the courses but course 2 will have you buying gumpaste, fondant, possibly "cake sparkles". course 3 adds a large rolling pin, fondant mat, more gumpaste and fondant if you run out or it hardens from course 2, possibly a few other supplies and course 4 adds a flower drying rack, again more gumpaste, color dust... etc.

I wouldn't buy everything at once. Make sure you like the classes. Use your coupons from local craft stores. Some stores will use their own in combination with a competitors so that is two 40% off in one transaction if you had a Michaels and A.C. Moore coupon, and take your husband if you can and then there could be 4 items with 40% off...

The ultimate caddy only has everything in the course kits or 1 thu 3, you will still need to get the kit for course 4. All though the caddy does have more in it than just those kits and it is a good way to keep all your supplies organized and bring them to class.

Hope this helps. This is a little more expensive than they initially come across, but well worth it in the long run, especially if you don't have to pay a baker to bake your cakes!

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Wednesday June 20, 2012 11:42 AM

Thank u ^^^ Yeah i took the class on MoNdaY , i was upset Cus she gave us a big list telling us We need everything on the list For course 1, and We didnt use everything not even 1/2 the things on the list, and i Dnt like the Lady thats teaching us, i didnt really learn n e thing, she did more talking than showing u Dnt even knw if i wanna take the rest of the classes, i already do cakes on my own , Youtube, Google , think they show me more than this Lady n Michaels ! Iam so mad, i learned Like 40% from this Lady but 60% was a waste of my time :0/

Report Violation

Bottom

SweetAry
Posted: Wednesday June 20, 2012 11:42 AM

Thank u ^^^ Yeah i took the class on MoNdaY , i was upset Cus she gave us a big list telling us We need everything on the list For course 1, and We didnt use everything not even 1/2 the things on the list, and i Dnt like the Lady thats teaching us, i didnt really learn n e thing, she did more talking than showing u Dnt even knw if i wanna take the rest of the classes, i already do cakes on my own , Youtube, Google , think they show me more than this Lady n Michaels ! Iam so mad, i learned Like 40% from this Lady but 60% was a waste of my time :0/

Report Violation

Bottom

Lolololololzz
Posted: Thursday June 21, 2012 4:44 PM

Can u tell me what to buy for course 1 and how much will it cost and how can i get it cheap thnx

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ 1 2 >> Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Decorating Basics Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Navigation: