skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Decorating Basics Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Best turntable for beginners
Created On Friday February 24, 2012 5:05 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

jlogan
Posted: Friday February 24, 2012 5:05 PM

What is the best turntable for beginners? I start my classes on March 6th and I can't decide which turntable to get. The two I have looked at are the Wilton trim n turn and trim and turn ultra. Thanks.

Report Violation

Bottom

ponyjockey
Posted: Friday February 24, 2012 11:14 PM

I have the Trim n' Turn Ultra and have had it for the past 3 years. It is the best beginners turntable you can get and has a great price if you get it with a coupon. I like that you get an extra 3 inches or so of height with it and it turns nice and smooth.

Report Violation

Bottom

Bakes_Bunches
Posted: Saturday February 25, 2012 2:10 AM

This one is compact and fits in your cake carrier easily so transporting it back and to class is a breeze.

http://www.wilton.com/store/site/product.cfm?id=93495B56-423B-522D-FDFBD34DCAFFB07C&fid=337488DC-1E0B-C910-EAF989CF27F4B1DA

Report Violation

Bottom

sylvia_t
Posted: Monday February 27, 2012 3:08 PM

i have the trim and turn ultra as well and i LOVE the extra height it gives you makes it easier to decorate.. i also love that it locks in place, i want the tilt and turn but thats is a long way from now..

Report Violation

Bottom

Tasty Sweets Studio
Posted: Thursday March 01, 2012 7:08 PM

I have the rurn table ultra and can say it is by far the best to get. It has the height that I need and is very easy to turn. Bu this one you will love it.

Report Violation

Bottom

kaykay8858
Posted: Sunday May 06, 2012 10:55 PM

I Have the Trim and Turn Ultra as well... and love it... I like how it gives you more height as well... My next investment would be one that you can tilt... but for now this works great!

Report Violation

Bottom

cindyt
Posted: Monday May 07, 2012 1:12 AM

If you really need to save some money you can just go to any department store and get just any round turntable. I have used just a generic one for over 20 years to save money.

Report Violation

Bottom

lovin_cake_deco
Posted: Monday May 07, 2012 9:52 AM

I'd say the Trim and Turn Ultra or the Trim and Turn Cake Caddie. I have one that is the one they sold before the Ultra. The tilting feature on it is fabulous when decorating on the side. It's sturdy and cakes do not slip when tilted. I've been thinking about the cake caddie for when I take cakes to classes. The thought that went into creating the cake caddie is just incredible. I found in my last class that taking a cake carrier AND the turn table just was so much to carry. Taking it all in one is nice and helpful. It also provides a way to lift up the cake for easier decorating.

Report Violation

Bottom

Bakes_Bunches
Posted: Monday May 07, 2012 11:05 AM

Get the Sterilite cake caddy for around 6 bucks at Target, etc. It has always had straight sides and the ability to put a tall TEN inch cake in it plus all the Wilton flat turntables fit in the caddy. The white and aqua turntable is 14 or 15 bucks before using a coupon. Plus the base of the Sterilite caddy has always fit on the top piece of the caddy.

The only thought Wilton put into their NON original copied solution is a BIG fat price tag.

I spent 7 on my aqua turntable that I carry to class inside my 6 buck caddy. Plus I was able to purchase several of them.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Decorating Basics Wilton Method Course < REFRESH >
Navigation: