skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Bake Decorate Celebrate! Television Show < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Bake Decorate Celebrate's Mini Lemon Pound cake - pan size
Created On Sunday January 16, 2011 11:47 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

YOFJAB
Posted: Sunday January 16, 2011 11:47 AM

On the Bake Decorate Celebrate web site, I saw this recipe for a Mini Lemon Pound cake. But it does not say what size pan to use? The picture they use is round-looks small. It also says this recipe can be doubled but since I don't know what the original pan size is --I have no idea what the double size would be?
Any ideas?

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Sunday January 16, 2011 6:11 PM
View users profile

This recipe makes one cup of batter. I would guess that this would be about right for a small individual loaf pan like the ones in the mini or petite loaf pans. It might be good in a larger muffin tin too. Two cups of batter might be ok for disposable aluminum little loaf pans. Or a single layer 6" cake. Hope this helps.

Report Violation

Bottom

YOFJAB
Posted: Sunday January 16, 2011 7:11 PM

yes---it gives me good guidelines cakedujour------appreciate it...... I never made a pound cake, I might try to double it and use one of those aluminum loaf pans...one little loaf would not do in this house.
I never made a loaf pan --- Does the batter rise? I mean if I use the sides of whatever pan I decide on, would the pan be half full of batter or 3/4 's.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Sunday January 16, 2011 9:52 PM
View users profile

One little loaf is all you're going to get, even doubled. Wilton posts another recipe for a larger, family sized recipe. Here is the link:

http://www.wilton.com/idea/Lemon-Pound-Cake

This one should be suitable in a bundt pan or regular loaf pan. The batter will rise but the cake will likely take a little longer to bake due to the depth of the pan. Half to 2/3 full of batter will leave room for the cake to rise.

Report Violation

Bottom

YOFJAB
Posted: Wednesday February 02, 2011 10:32 PM

Thanks cakedujour --ii have not been in this post for a while. Now you got me thinking again lol

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Thursday February 03, 2011 11:52 AM
View users profile

Happy to help!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bake Decorate Celebrate! Television Show < REFRESH >
Navigation: