skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: THIS SECTION OF THE FORUM IS ABOUT A [b]TELEVISION SHOW!!![/b]
newbakermom 01/30/2012 11:20 AM
Oops, just turned my computer off and forgot to log off. Is that bad? (I'm telling you, I dont spend much time with computers and am not used to all this stuff, just got my first laptop for christmas)
cakedujour 01/30/2012 9:51 PM
What kind of computer do you have newbakermom? PC or Apple?

I'm far from a computer genius. My Apple laptop is only a year old and I am very much still learning. My sister gave me Photoshop for Christmas because I used an old version of that on my old PC. I still haven't installed it.

If you do have an Apple, I've figured out this method to resize: In iphoto, click on the photo, go up to File on the top left side, click on Export, select JPEG and Medium size. Then another box will pop up giving you a choice where you want to save it. Put it into whatever file you choose.

When you are in the forum, click on Reply. Don't use Quick Reply. Click to add an attachment, browse to go to where you saved the picture, double click on the picture, and then click Attach. I think that is all the steps...Like I said, I'm not computer savvy, but I think I have everything down. Its hard to remember all the steps when it isn't if front of you.

If you have Photoshop, a PC, or some other program, I'm the last person to ask. There are some discussions about resizing in the General Information section. Do a search and see if you can get ideas. Some people use Paint, or Picassa, or other programs.

I'm forever closing up my laptop without having logged off or signed out. I think Apples take that better than PCs though. You really should log out before you shut it down, but I don't think its fatal.
newbakermom 01/31/2012 11:44 AM
I have an acer laptop and software that came with it, that I know might come in handy for posting pictures but haven't installed it yet either. I will do that when time permits. For the meantime, thankyou for your suggestions of looking under gen. info., I did that and found a few different answers so I'll have to try and see which works best for me. Hopefully when I get my pictures posted, you can give me your opinion (have to warn you though that my cakes are nothing like the cakes i've seen on these forums and were made before I ever knew anything about this website). Hopefully one day my cakes can look almost as beautiful as the cakes I've seen on this site!

Thank You so much again! I really appreciate that you always help with everyone's concerns!

Oh, and love your icon. My son always gets excited when he see's it. He loves monkeys! Sometimes he's a monkey himself, very active and all over the place. I don't know where he gets so much energy from. Lol!
cakedujour 01/31/2012 1:02 PM
You are more than welcome. I'm glad I can offer occasional advice that serves people well. I decorated cakes for about 25 years before I found this site and my own decorating has improved 1000% since I first signed on.

As for my sock monkey, my grandmother (who would now be 117 years old) made sock monkeys all her life for her children, her grandchildren, and great grandchildren. In fact, I have the last one she ever made. I've been on the sock monkey bandwagon my whole life - long before the current fad. But the current fad has made it possible for me to get all sorts of cute accessories! Anyway, when we were first able to get avatars here, I wondered what would best suit me. A sock monkey, while not at all cakish, best represents me. So I found an image online and here it is.

You should make your son a monkey cake! I have one of those coming up (regular, not sock) and I've pretty excited about it.
cakedujour 02/07/2012 8:34 PM
A rerun to explain my bumping:

Posted: Wednesday October 05, 2011 8:55 PM
View users profile Send user a private message

Here's a rerun of my April post, so everyone knows why I keep bumping this thread and its companion thread.

Posted: Saturday April 30, 2011 11:17 AM
View users profile Send user a private message

I know that lots of you think I'm a little nuts for keeping my threads on top. I am a little nuts, but not because of this.

This morning I was answering a question here and I felt bad because chances are small that the question would be seen by the person who would need to see it. I started thinking about how much more visited the other forum areas are. So I whipped out a calculator and did some math. (You didn't think I could do it without a calculator, did you?)

I searched as far back as I could to see when the forums started, then I took the total posts and divided by the years. It is possible that the forums started before the earliest pages I can find, and I didn't mess around with odd months, but you get the idea.

The Bake Decorate Celebrate forum has had 881 posts. I deducted the 83 posts that heve been in my two threads and kept them to just the ones posted by the regular visitor. I came up with an average of about 115 posts per year.

By contrast, the Weddings forum has 12,352 posts per year on average. The General Information section has on average 20,353 posts per year and the Life Celebrations section averages 26,360 posts per year!

As you can see, it is WAY better to post in one of those forums if your question, comment, or idea is NOT about the TV show. Honestly, I am just trying to help out here!

I'm going to post this same message in both of my BDC threads so anyone who clicks on either one can read this.
newbakermom 03/12/2012 11:16 AM
Bumping, for cakedujour!
cakedujour 03/12/2012 7:56 PM
Hahaha! Thank you, newbakermom. :-)
cakedujour 04/05/2012 5:11 PM
I've got this one, newbakermom! Bump!
cakedujour 04/23/2012 9:01 PM
cakedujour 04/23/2012 9:01 PM
Bump up!
cakedujour 05/17/2012 9:32 AM
bumping
cakedujour 05/28/2012 4:29 PM
A'bumping I will go...
cakedujour 06/25/2012 11:26 PM
Gotta bump this again!
cakedujour 07/28/2012 11:59 PM
bump
cakedujour 08/25/2012 1:58 PM
bump
cakedujour 10/10/2012 9:03 PM
There have been a couple of relevant posts here for a week or so, but now I want to bump this back up so the message is there to serve as a bit of advice for anyone who strays here and should be in another part of the forum. :-)
cakedujour 12/13/2012 3:39 PM
bump
cakedujour 01/01/2013 12:55 PM
Bumping for the New Year!
alandra1963 04/06/2013 7:24 AM
How do I find this show you are talking about, cakedujour ?
cakedujour 04/06/2013 9:03 PM
You have to check local listings. I don't even know if they are making new episodes or if anything you find would be a rerun. I don't think it is widely broadcast these days.