skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Bake Decorate Celebrate! Television Show < REFRESH >
Topic Title: issue w. cake sticking in Pans
Created On Tuesday August 10, 2010 8:19 PM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

lissa42886
Posted: Tuesday August 10, 2010 8:19 PM

just baked for the 1st time in Wilton 16" cake pan. did pound cake.. the cake turned out fantastic! never better. yet it stuck a good deal to the pans i sprayed w pam and did a flour coat.. yet it did not come out w. out some help.. any hints? i was going to line it w parchment paper..

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Wednesday August 11, 2010 9:32 PM
View users profile

lissa42886, you are asking this in the wrong forum. You will have better luck in the general information forum. Almost no one reads this forum. :-)

Report Violation

Bottom

lissa42886
Posted: Friday August 13, 2010 1:09 PM

hahah thanks for the heads up. i find the categories for the forums here are far to broad to know exactly where to go.

Report Violation

Bottom

greatcakes4u
Posted: Wednesday December 01, 2010 10:00 AM

The easiest thing to do to keep your cakes from sticking is to use Parchment paper to line the bottom of your pan. I just spray the sides of the pan and put the parchment paper on the bottom and spray it also. This helps immensely as they will not stick to the bottom of the pan even if they are left in the pan longer than normal to cool. I do not use a flour coat as I do not like the "gunky" texture that it leaves on the cakes.
evelyn

Report Violation

Bottom

cutedoggie
Posted: Wednesday December 01, 2010 2:02 PM

GREAT idea Evelyn! I absolutely HATE my baked goodies tasting like a pasty flour taste! I use a pastry cloth for most of my baked products that require the dough to be placed on a surface to either be kneaded or rolled out! The pastry cloth keeps the dough from sticking while not letting it stick. I also cover my rolling pins with covers. The mats are very inexpensive and washable.

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bake Decorate Celebrate! Television Show < REFRESH >
Navigation: