skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Bake Decorate Celebrate! Television Show < REFRESH >
Topic Title: To Those of You Who Are Not Getting Responses to Questions Posted Here
Created On Wednesday May 26, 2010 12:27 PM
Topic View:

Pages: [ << 1 2 3 4 >> Previous Next ]
View thread in raw text format

cakedujour
Posted: Thursday October 07, 2010 3:47 PM
View users profile

bump

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Monday October 18, 2010 8:27 PM
View users profile

Up she goes!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Thursday October 28, 2010 9:34 PM
View users profile

bump

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Wednesday December 01, 2010 7:40 PM
View users profile

bump

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Friday December 10, 2010 8:12 PM
View users profile

Now that everyone's had a chance to read the recent posts, I'm bumping this back up. Just trying to help everyone, not scold anybody!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Wednesday December 22, 2010 9:57 PM
View users profile

bumpitty bump

Report Violation

Bottom

nelephant1985
Posted: Saturday January 01, 2011 12:20 PM

lol,i dont thnk ne1 has questions to ask?!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakeace
Posted: Monday January 17, 2011 10:37 PM

Bump! Bump! Bump! I couldn't help it! It looked like so much fun!!! Bump!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Monday January 17, 2011 10:42 PM
View users profile

Welcome to my world, lol!

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Tuesday January 18, 2011 6:52 PM

Yay for you for bumping! Wilton should get rid of this site. The only reason I came here was to practice how to post pics. I figured since no one uses it, if I messed up, who cares?

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Tuesday January 18, 2011 9:58 PM
View users profile

It's you and me, whoknew?! Your pix are good.

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Wednesday January 19, 2011 7:55 PM

Wow! A whole forum all to ourselves! Hmmmm, wonder what kinda mischief we can get into....

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Wednesday January 19, 2011 9:19 PM
View users profile

"Nobody knows the trouble I've caused, nobody knows but whoknew..."

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Wednesday January 19, 2011 11:16 PM

I just watched an extraordinarily depressing and thought provoking PBS Frontline documentary on Haiti one year later. Every single day I try to take time to be thankful that my loved ones and I are safe, clean, have access to medical care, police and a social system that will not let us starve or be brutalized. I needed a break so I came to check my emails. Your post made me laugh out loud! I needed that laugh.

Are you in business? I think that doing cakes for a living would make one wish to bonk people on the head.

"I want a 16 tier cake with 200 sculpted figures for $50 please"
"Well...after all, it's ONLY cake!"
"Just leave it on the table" (no thank you, no "ooohh aaaahh" or acknowledgement that it took 23 hours)
"I'd like a 4 tier fondant cake of buzz lightyear for my 5 year old's birthday. There will be 7 people at the party"
"The cake fell over! I want a refund!" (after you've said 30 times, do NOT save $40 on delivery, the cake may fall over)
"Honey, I won't be able to come to bed tonight because the fondant is melting and I have to have this cake ready by 8 am"
"OK, bride and groom smiling couple, now that we've spent 2 hours on the tasting, consultation, planning, drawing/execution protocol for the cake, how much is your budget? "Oh. $100?"

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Thursday January 20, 2011 7:54 AM
View users profile

No, I'm preschool teacher. One of the few professions that pays as little as home cake decorating. And there are still plenty of people that you want to bonk on the head!

"Your child wears a pull up and wets his pants every day. Are you sure he's potty trained? Really?"
"She's three. She is not going to be able to tell time before she can count to ten."
"No, if he is left handed, he is going to stay left handed. We will not try to 'convert' him."
"You're sorry you're late? Class ends in 5 minutes. And he isn't even in this class!" (This was the same dad as the lefty dad above!)
"I threw up last night but mommy said I could come to school today. She had to go shopping with Aunt Bitsy."

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Thursday January 20, 2011 12:26 PM

cake, I just shared your preschool post with my niece, the mom of 3 (ages 8, 9, 10). We got hysterical!
One of our favorites was a preschool teacher that always ended up saying this a couple of times a day:
Don't hit, don't bite, DON'T BITE YOUR FRIENDS!

You probably know more about their mommy and daddy's than mommy and daddy would EVER want anybody to know

Well, this is why we get along so well, I LOVE kids, but oh my, they can stretch the patience really

t.............................h.............................i............................n

All the kids at the elementary school think I'm really neat and I tell the teachers it's because I can go home after a few hours and they have to stay all day.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Thursday January 20, 2011 7:22 PM
View users profile

I tell the parents at the start of every year: I'll only believe half of what they say about you if you'll only believe half of what they say about me.
A couple of years ago we got a blow by blow description of the labor and delivery of a 10+ pound baby sister's home birth. It was part of the interview we were doing for our class book. Let's just say HEAVY editing took place. Another little girl just loved telling us about all the kissing and cuddling going on at her house. Mommy and Daddy just looove each other!
I'm lucky enough to teach kids who still think I'm a rock star. When they get older their teachers will have to work so much harder to get the love I get just for letting them do cool things they don't get to do at home. Goop, anyone?

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Thursday January 20, 2011 9:08 PM

Yeah, preschool teachers get a LOT of LOVE and a LOT of DETAILS. Today I was out running around at about 4 pm so I called Samantha & said I'd pick up the kids and feed them. I always bring enough food for 5-6 kids because I always end up with "bonus" kids. Today it was 2 bonus kids, Dakota and Kaitlyn (6 and 10). I'm on the "ok to pick up my kids" list for about 3 sets of kids in addition to mine. 6 other bonus kids tried to join in, but their folks had other plans.

We had a "picnic" at the school lunch area , then I took Dakota and Kaitlyn home because their mom doesn't have a car and they have to walk about a mile each way. Dakota just got over being sick, so it worked out great. The kids all end up at home fed and ready to do homework and hit the sack, and it's a nice break for the parents on a work day. I'm on standby to get Dakota tomorrow if he doesn't feel well at school.

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Thursday January 20, 2011 9:32 PM
View users profile

It sounds like you're a real Pied Piper of little ones. Kids must love you. I always figure that if you've gained a child's trust you hold the most precious thing in the world in your hands.

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Thursday January 20, 2011 10:11 PM

Well, like I said, I just keep them for a few hours and then throw them back. My sister (passed away now for 3 years) was the REAL Pied Piper. Dad always says that Sus was born to take care of kids; she did it from the time she was old enough to carry another kid on her back. She had the most extraordinary patience and an ability to inhabit the child's world. She could eat imaginary pizza and jello and drink imaginary tea for 6 hours straight and still be game for 2 more hours. Gender made no difference. She was able to tease the bejeebers out of the kids until they were so frustrated they could scream, and they LOVED her for it. She could always tell in the blink of an eye which kid "did it" when they all insisted on their innocence with their earnest little tear streaked faces. (Man, was I jealous of that skill! I still can't tell! --and the worst part, the kids KNOW I still can't tell...)

She could come up with games like "star wars pod racer". A kid would crawl on her lap, sit facing outward, take hold of her thumbs, and she'd make the pod racer sounds while the kid's racer bounced off canyon walls, hit other pod racers, and zoomed across the finish line.

I tried all my life to duplicate her magic, but mine is only a pale shadow of hers because I lack the true patience that she had with children. After about 30 cups of imaginary tea, I'm done!

Report Violation

Bottom

Pages: [ << 1 2 3 4 >> Previous Next ]
View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bake Decorate Celebrate! Television Show < REFRESH >
Navigation: