skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $60! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Topic: help whit-white icing color
luluq8 02/05/2010 12:19 AM
Hi ladies i did it for the second time :(. I bought butter flavor shortning. The result is yellow/french vanilla butter cream icing. I hit a store to fix this color problem so ,i bought white-white icing color. I have no idea how to use it ? any one could help me ?. i want white butter cream for Valentine Day.
Thanks from the bottom of my heart
cupcake_123 02/05/2010 1:53 AM
Hi luluq8. I tried a wee experiment on white white a wee while back. If you have a look at the post at

http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=6&threadid=128470&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=

then you'll see the results (near to the bottom of the page it has a photo of the buttercream colour with different amounts of white white added).

I did try to contact Wilton with the following request for information:-

"I have just purchased some Wilton white white to try to whiten my all butter buttercream. My concern is that there is no indication on the bottle of a maximum limit that can safely be added to buttercream. Could you possibly give some guidance on this."

Their reply was as follows:-

"We recommend you can use up to one bottle per buttercream recipe. If we can assist you further please contact us.

Consumer care"

I don't know if I'd be happy using as much as this as it is quite a large amount to put into one batch of buttercream. Also, I didn't notice much improvement in the whiteness after one teaspoon was added to the 15oz buttercream.

luluq8 02/05/2010 12:58 PM
Thanks for answering my question. That is weird adding the whole bottle of white white to one batch of butter !! that does not make any sense for me. I will take my question to my instructor and check that unknown amount with her.
I will let you know when i get the answer .
Thank you Cupcake_123