skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Bake Decorate Celebrate! Television Show < REFRESH >
Topic Title: transfer buttercream
Created On Tuesday May 12, 2009 11:31 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

sweetendings#1
Posted: Tuesday May 12, 2009 11:31 AM

Hello, can anyone tell me how to transfer a buttercream picture onto a cake? I have to make a cake with a unique picture on it and have no idea how, I've heard of transfer buttercream but...lost on how to do that. Any tips will help, thank you

Report Violation

Bottom

Angecardoza
Posted: Saturday May 16, 2009 10:40 AM

I got the information from cake central and have only done 2 but so far both have turned out really well. I tape my picture down to a cutting board so it doesn't move - Make sure you reverse the picture so that it is facing the right way when you put it on the cake.

When you outline it is best to use something that has a lot of crisco in it....I used Store bought fudge and added about 1/2 cup crisco and a cup of powedered sugar so it would not be so sticky. Then fill in with icing. Some say to smooth on once you have all of it filled in but I am afraid of mixing colors. Instead I use a brush afterwards because it will become soft, you just blend...just make sure you get it thick enough

I usually freeze mine for about 6 hours or more just to get it really solid. Once you take it out you have to work fast as it will get soft. Fix outlines or fill ins as needed, usually just a little might need filled in where icing stuck to the wax paper. Then take a brush, Or if a large area of the same color you might use a spatuala to spread...you can see the first one I did under the Life celebrations - Troy Cake or search for Troy Bolotn and it will pull up. I will have a Lego batman tonight on there if that gives you any ideas...

http://cakecentral.com/article12-How-To-Create-a-Frozen-Buttercream-Transfer.html

Report Violation

Bottom

nane13
Posted: Wednesday September 02, 2009 7:38 PM

I also used the cake central instructions the first time I did the buttercream transfer for my son's Madagascar cake. If you search the forum you will also find various threads on the technique. I only tried it once but will do it again. It's great that it can be done a head of time. Here is a picture of my cake.

Madagascar5.JPG Madagascar5.JPG  (97 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

ce1227
Posted: Wednesday September 02, 2009 9:59 PM

I did one for my daughter, I had a bunch of different colors left so I used them up on this one.
I thought it turned out pretty well. The kids at her daycare really enjoyed it too!

dora36.jpg dora36.jpg  (73 KB)

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bake Decorate Celebrate! Television Show < REFRESH >
Navigation: