skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > Bake Decorate Celebrate! Television Show < REFRESH >
Topic Title: painting gum paste or fondant
Created On Monday December 29, 2008 6:51 AM
Topic View:

View thread in raw text format

easy peasey
Posted: Monday December 29, 2008 6:51 AM

I am trying to paint a moulded fondant such as a mould of Santa Claus. When I tried painting the hat red with the Wilton coloring (the coloring I use to mix into fondant to color it) it was too thick. I tried dipping my brush into some water and it did work for thinning it to paint but it took weeks to dry. Is there a trick to this or am I using the wrong type of paint.

Report Violation

Bottom

legina2005
Posted: Monday October 19, 2009 8:25 PM

I am no pro for sure but i thing you did all of it correct except most of the time people us vodka or lemon juice, I think this helps with the drying. I am pretty sure this is correct but if not forgive me. By the way do you know how to make great edible fondant? I have never eaten 1/2 way great tasing fondant. I need to decorate wedding cookies?

Report Violation

Bottom

luckystar23
Posted: Monday November 09, 2009 11:55 AM

Legina: Have you tried marshmallow fondant, it takes really good. Bunnywoman posted a recipe on the recipe board

Report Violation

Bottom

beenie51
Posted: Saturday January 23, 2010 1:26 AM

What is used for painting on cakes is mixing the color with some high proof alcohol to thin it or you can use good quality lemon extract.

Report Violation

Bottom

Simply_Six
Posted: Tuesday May 27, 2014 9:36 PM

Here is the recipe for the fondant that I use and everyone says that they like it. I don't particularly care for the texture but everyone else says it's good so I use it all the time. Here's the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c80ErUAIaVs

It freezes well and overall keeps well. It will dry out some if you leave it to long (as in weeks or after defrosting it from the freezer) but the oils will settle in the bottom of the container and just keep working it back in and you'll be aces!

Report Violation

Bottom

cakedujour
Posted: Wednesday May 28, 2014 10:52 PM
View users profile

Welcome to the forum, Simply_Six! This forum is not frequently visited. I'm even wondering how you found this old thread. The fondant recipe would be seen by more people, and found in the future more easily, by posting in the Recipe forum. Few would think to look for it here in the TV show area. Thanks! :-)

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > Bake Decorate Celebrate! Television Show < REFRESH >
Navigation: