skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: How far in advance can I make Chocolate Lollipops (Spiderman Mold), Choc covered oreos and Choc covered pretzels?
Created On Saturday May 19, 2012 7:53 AM
Topic View:

How far in advance can I make Chocolate Lollipops (Spiderman Mold), Choc covered oreos and Choc covered pretzels? - Mbranko24 - Saturday May 19, 2012 7:53 AM
How far in advance can I make Chocolate Lollipops (Spiderman Mold), Choc covered oreos and Choc covered pretzels? - whoknew? - Saturday May 19, 2012 10:55 AM
RE: How far in advance can I make Chocolate Lollipops (Spiderman Mold), Choc covered oreos and Choc covered pretzels? - Mbranko24 - Saturday May 19, 2012 4:30 PM
RE: How far in advance can I make Chocolate Lollipops (Spiderman Mold), Choc covered oreos and Choc covered pretzels? - teenykat - Sunday May 20, 2012 5:58 PM
View thread in raw text format

Mbranko24
Posted: Saturday May 19, 2012 7:53 AM

My son's birthday party is June 23. I would like t get them done early as I have his cake to do as well as some cake pops that I would like to do the week of, for freshness.

If they are stored in an airtight plastic container, with wax between the stacks, can I make them, say, the first week of June?

Thanks!!

Erin

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Saturday May 19, 2012 10:55 AM

Chocolate is wonderful for making things way ahead. As long as you have a place to keep it that gets no warmer than about 78 degrees F, you should be fine. Do NOT refrigerate or freeze--this may cause the chocolates to "bloom" (get whitish patches).

Re: chocolate covered pretzels and chocolate covered Oreos

As long as 100% of the Oreo cookie and 100% of the pretzel are covered (enrobed) in chocolate, they will stay fresh and crispy for a month or longer.

I use the Spinning Leaf Oreo molds because they are the ONLY ones I've found that completely enrobe the cookie in chocolate. (The Wilton cookie molds are worthless, they are not deep enough.) I did an experiment and made about 2 dozen Spinning Leaf molded Oreos. I kept them in a Rubbermaid container on my counter and took out some cookies at one week intervals for 4 weeks and did a taste test. The 1+ month-old cookies tasted just as fresh as the one-day old cookies.

Report Violation

Bottom

Mbranko24
Posted: Saturday May 19, 2012 4:30 PM

Thanks Christina!!

Report Violation

Bottom

teenykat
Posted: Sunday May 20, 2012 5:58 PM

I usually 1/2 my oreos and pretzel rods I have done them 10 days before as long as kept cool,,,, lolis are usually longer like 2 weeks... but yes if they are completely covered them longer cause there is no air to get the other 1/2 stale... good luck!!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: