skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: How long does it take for cake to come to room temperature for serving
Created On Saturday February 11, 2012 1:46 PM
Topic View:

How long does it take for cake to come to room temperature for serving - auntpay - Saturday February 11, 2012 1:46 PM
RE: How long does it take for cake to come to room temperature for serving - pasteles de inglaterra - Saturday February 11, 2012 2:33 PM
How long does it take for cake to come to room temperature for serving - auntpay - Saturday February 11, 2012 3:42 PM
RE: How long does it take for cake to come to room temperature for serving - pasteles de inglaterra - Saturday February 11, 2012 4:22 PM
How long does it take for cake to come to room temperature for serving - whoknew? - Saturday February 11, 2012 11:11 PM
How long does it take for cake to come to room temperature for serving - auntpay - Sunday February 12, 2012 9:40 PM
RE: How long does it take for cake to come to room temperature for serving - whoknew? - Sunday February 12, 2012 10:45 PM
View thread in raw text format

auntpay
Posted: Saturday February 11, 2012 1:46 PM

Hello all! I have a cake to stack for tonight in the refrigerator. How far in advance should I take the tiers out of the refrigerator for it to be cut and served and room temperature? Don't want a cold cake served!

Buttercream w cream filling and royal icing writing (hope it doesn't bleed).

Thanks for advice, opinions and experiences!

Report Violation

Bottom

pasteles de inglaterra
Posted: Saturday February 11, 2012 2:33 PM

My best guess, depending on ambient temperature would be 2-3 hours..depending also on the density of the cake ie fruit cake vs chiffon.
But let on of the real cake people answer your question and then we will compare my answer to theirs..

Report Violation

Bottom

auntpay
Posted: Saturday February 11, 2012 3:42 PM

Thanks Pasteles! I'm learning a lot of caking is learn as you go. Just don't want a cold cake, or a droopy cake, or a spoiled cake, or a .......LOL! Live and learn - it's cake!

Your screen name is interesting, what does it mean?

Report Violation

Bottom

pasteles de inglaterra
Posted: Saturday February 11, 2012 4:22 PM

auntpay-

I live is southern Mexico ( read almost Belize).
It means english cakes. I wanted something different because a lot of the cakes here tend to be the same, tres leches (3 milks), cajeta (kind of a butterscotch) traditions that have been in mexico for 100's of years. So I am introducing them to other things, Pound cake, butter cake with BC icing etc.
I read everything I could get my hands on when I started to decorate, 2 months ago. There are lots of tips and a wealth of knowledge here.

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Saturday February 11, 2012 11:11 PM

I don't refrigerate my cakes unless absolutely necessary (perishable filling or cream cheese frosting). I'd recommend taking them out 2 hours ahead of time if the cake will be in an air-conditioned room (or room with temperature about 70-80 F). If it's hot or hot & humid (85 to 100 F), I'd take the cakes out of the fridge not more than 30 minutes before serving.

(For frozen, undecorated cake, I take them out and leave in the box/wrapping overnight.)

Report Violation

Bottom

auntpay
Posted: Sunday February 12, 2012 9:40 PM

Thanks! It worked out well; took it out 3 hours before and all went well!

Report Violation

Bottom

whoknew?
Posted: Sunday February 12, 2012 10:45 PM

Auntpay--you are on a roll!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: