skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: how early can you make fondant decorations
Created On Monday March 15, 2010 8:42 AM
Topic View:

how early can you make fondant decorations - stephilde - Monday March 15, 2010 8:42 AM
how early can you make fondant decorations - hunnybee - Monday March 15, 2010 9:51 AM
how early can you make fondant decorations - sweetgrandma - Monday March 15, 2010 10:26 AM
how early can you make fondant decorations - stephilde - Monday March 15, 2010 11:41 AM
how early can you make fondant decorations - hunnybee - Monday March 15, 2010 9:16 PM
how early can you make fondant decorations - sweetgrandma - Monday March 15, 2010 9:45 PM
how early can you make fondant decorations - stephilde - Tuesday March 16, 2010 7:57 AM
View thread in raw text format

stephilde
Posted: Monday March 15, 2010 8:42 AM
View users profile

If I am assebling a cake on friday how many days before hand can i make accessories and decorations? Like Pearls, etc? Will they dry out and not work or is it ok to make things ahead of time?

Report Violation

Bottom

hunnybee
Posted: Monday March 15, 2010 9:51 AM

If you want them to stay moist and flexible you can do them several days ahead of time; just coat the decoration lightly in shortening then cover and store in a ziplock bag.

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Monday March 15, 2010 10:26 AM

hunnybee is right about them staying flexible....The pearls will be fine to make now as well as any flowers or anything that can be firm. If you're using mmf...my favorite...I find they stay flexible longer than gumpaste especially if I keep them covered well.

Report Violation

Bottom

stephilde
Posted: Monday March 15, 2010 11:41 AM
View users profile

great!!! Thanks!!! So do you think i can get away with making a fondant bow ahead of time too? I think i am going to use the mmf.

Report Violation

Bottom

hunnybee
Posted: Monday March 15, 2010 9:16 PM

Yes, do the bow ahead of time so it dries & will hold its shape. Keep the tails covered so they don't dry out so you can place them how you want to on the cake.

Report Violation

Bottom

sweetgrandma
Posted: Monday March 15, 2010 9:45 PM

In addition to the good advice from hunnybee...
I use cotton balls to prop up my bows til they dry enough to hold their shape.

Report Violation

Bottom

stephilde
Posted: Tuesday March 16, 2010 7:57 AM
View users profile

thanks everyone!!! I am going to make some mmf today and make my decorations- thanks!!

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: