skip to content

FREE SHIPPING on all orders over $50! *Limited to domestic U.S. orders only.

Discussion Forum

Navigation:
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Topic Title: Can I freeze frosted cupcakes?
Created On Friday February 13, 2009 3:48 PM
Topic View:

Can I freeze frosted cupcakes? - Kris Karpf - Thursday February 12, 2009 12:35 PM
Can I freeze frosted cupcakes? - beckthewreck - Friday February 13, 2009 9:40 AM
RE: Can I freeze frosted cupcakes? - karen - Friday February 13, 2009 11:37 AM
RE: Can I freeze frosted cupcakes? - mmumsie - Friday February 13, 2009 1:44 PM
Can I freeze frosted cupcakes? - Jeanne G - Thursday October 15, 2009 2:14 PM
Can I freeze frosted cupcakes? - Ginger9708 - Thursday October 15, 2009 3:08 PM
Can I freeze frosted cupcakes? - KTB - Thursday October 15, 2009 3:49 PM
RE: Can I freeze frosted cupcakes? - Recoil - Thursday October 15, 2009 4:12 PM
Can I freeze frosted cupcakes? - Jeanne G - Thursday October 22, 2009 10:48 AM
View thread in raw text format

Kris Karpf
Posted: Thursday February 12, 2009 4:24 PM

Hello my friend wants me to make cupcakes for her wedding so of course it has to be like 200 cupcakes I need to make. I want to frost them with buttercream frosting and use fondant as a decoration on them. Can I freeze them after they are decorated? If so how long do they stay good for in the freezer? Thank you.

Report Violation

Bottom

beckthewreck
Posted: Friday February 13, 2009 3:46 PM
View users profile

Technically you can after they are frosted. That's what grocery stores do. However, I wouldn't do it with the fondant accent on them. If it just has the buttercream, then yes.
That is a LOT of cupcakes to keep in a freezer though. Hope you have a ton of space.

Report Violation

Bottom

karen
Posted: Friday February 13, 2009 3:46 PM

You can freeze them with the buttercream frosting - but not the fondant. You aren't supposed to refrigerate fondant, so I guessing freezing is out too. Put the fondant on after defrosting. If properly wrapped, they should last at least a few weeks in the freezer.

Report Violation

Bottom

mmumsie
Posted: Friday February 13, 2009 3:48 PM

You can freeze buttercream cupcake for a short time. I would refrigerate if possible. Cupcakes are so small the cake will dry out from the freezer.

Fondant is another story. Fondant decorations don't take kindly to moisture. So unless you can quickly top with fondant decorations on after the cupcakes have THAWED, I wouldn't recommend it. Even the sweating action of the thawing could ruin all your hard work. Best to get a team to help assemble the day before. Good luck!

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Thursday October 15, 2009 2:14 PM

bump

Report Violation

Bottom

Ginger9708
Posted: Thursday October 15, 2009 3:08 PM

I bought a cupcake from a very good bakery near us the other day and they didnt have chocolate cake so the girl who worked the counter got some from the back. When i got home it seemed they froze the cupcake because the frosting was hard & ice cold. Later on when i ate it the cake was very dried out, obvious the cupcake was not the freshest. I didnt think they would do something like that.

Report Violation

Bottom

KTB
Posted: Thursday October 15, 2009 3:49 PM

Thanks Jeanne! I swear I searched, I really did How do you know where all these topics are? You are my hero!

Report Violation

Bottom

Recoil
Posted: Thursday October 15, 2009 4:12 PM

You know, I was searching the other day for the exact same thing, different terms, etc. But I found nothing.

Bookmarked

Report Violation

Bottom

Jeanne G
Posted: Thursday October 22, 2009 10:48 AM

bump

Report Violation

Bottom

View thread in raw text format
FORUMS > General Information < REFRESH >
Navigation: