Decorating gift packaging, such as a Cake Box or Treat Bag, can seem a bit daunting at first—a small treat bag presents a suddenly huge blank canvas and may seem to require foreign-sounding supplies!
Rest assured, however, you may only need to go as far as your desk drawer, and maybe into your gift-wrapping or scrapbooking supplies, to create a unique and memorable homemade gift.
The following are a few easy ways to help unleash your creativity so that you can present your holiday cookies in pretty packages:
creative holiday packaging and presentation tips:
- Your choice of boxes and baskets is endless. You'll find a great selection of white boxes on Wilton.com or your local craft/cake decorating store.
- Window boxes and popcorn-style cartons give a sneak-peek of treats that await.
- For a simple flair, adding a ribbon is a fast finishing touch.
- Mix and match ribbon colors and textures to create more impact.
- Adding stickers in festive colors, shapes and merry messages will give your containers that "Happy Holidays" look. Visit eksuccess.com for a great selection of dimensional stickers.
- Use leftover cardstock or construction paper to create a coordinating gift tag or recipe card for your decorated gift.
captivating container ideas from Spotted Canary
The following are some wonderful holiday cookie container and package ideas from our friends at Spotted Canary. These are especially perfect for holiday gift giving.