The Wilton School
- Except where indicated, students with beginning decorating skills are welcome. To succeed, students will need average strength and manual dexterity, along with a basic understanding of the spoken English language. Students with special needs must contact the school prior to enrollment for a qualification interview and to make accommodations for any handicap.
- Fees include registration and tuition fees for completion of the course of instruction.
- Class space is limited, so sign up early. Registration fees must be paid at the time of registration. Please note the registration fee is non-refundable.
- Final tuition payment is due 3 weeks prior to the first day of class unless previously paid in full. If full payment is not received within this time, your place will not be held. Your seat will be given to someone on the waiting list.
- Payments may be made by money order, cashier's check, cash, or by credit card. We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express.
- The daily class schedule may be modified, but all techniques and projects will be completed during class time.
- There are no provisions for make-up classes. Students missing classes may be able to make arrangements to attend other regularly scheduled sessions of the same course, subject to Wilton School's approval and class availability.
- The Wilton School reserves the right to cancel any class. Upon occasion, classes have been cancelled due to lack of enrollment. In the event that this were to happen, you will be notified one week prior to the first day of class and at your choice will receive a full refund of the tuition and registration fee or credit to be used within a 12 month period of time. No other personal expenses will be reimbursed.
- Wilton reserves the right to expel any student for disrupting classes or impeding other students' work, without any obligation to refund tuition or fees.
- Wilton reserves the right to cancel any class. Students are graded on a pass/fail basis. Students will receive a Wilton Certificate upon completion of each class of 9 hours or longer. Grants and scholarships are not available.
- Students have the right to contact the School Coordinator at 1-800-772-7111, ext. 2888 with all questions and concerns.
- The student has the right to cancel this agreement until 5:00 p.m., Central Standard Time (North America), of the last business day before the first day of the class.
- Student's notice of cancellation shall be made in writing to The Wilton School Coordinator, via mail at 7511 Lemont Road, Darien, Illinois 60561, via Fax 630-985-6706, or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Applications not accepted by the school will receive a full refund of all paid registration fees and tuition.
- Should the student's enrollment be terminated by The Wilton School or should the student withdraw for any reason, all refunds will be made according to the following refund schedule:
- Students whose enrollment is terminated or who cancel prior to 5:00 p.m., Central Standard Time (North America), of the last business day before the first day of the class will be refunded all tuition. Registration fees will not be refunded.
- Students whose enrollment is terminated or who cancel on the first day of a multiple-day class will be refunded tuition on a prorated basis for the portion of the course attended. Registration fees will not be refunded. Method of proration will be to divide the tuition by the number of days of class. Student will be refunded an amount equal to the remaining days.
- Students whose enrollment is terminated or who cancel on class day of a one-day course will not receive a tuition refund. Registration fees will not be refunded.
- Refunds are issued within 30 calendar days from the date of termination of enrollment or 30 days from The Wilton School's receipt of written notice of cancellation or termination.
- A formal grievance procedure has been established. A copy is available from the school coordinator and posted on the bulletin board in the Wilton School lunchroom.
Located at Chestnut Court Shopping Center, 7511 Lemont Road at 75th Street in Darien, Illinois since 1994, the Wilton School is a state-of-the-art 6,200 sq. ft. air-conditioned instructional facility. In the classroom, each student has their own work and storage space and can utilize special student discounts for additional personal supplies in the adjoining Wilton retail store. A student lounge/dining area and limited library is also available. The school phone number is 1-800-772-7111, ext. 2888 and fax number is 630-985-6706. All classes are taught at this location only.
The school is located approximately 25 miles southwest of downtown Chicago, in the Chestnut Court Shopping Center at the intersection of 75th Street and Lemont Road in Darien, Illinois. Public transportation is not available. Auto travel, livery, taxi or car-pooling is recommended. Please be sure to specify the Wilton School in Darien (as opposed to the Wilton Corporate Headquarters in nearby Woodridge) to drivers. Parking at the school is free.
Please consult a travel agent or phone directory for car rentals or taxi, limo and shuttle services to and from hotels and airports.
The school does not provide any student housing facilities, so students must make their own lodging arrangement. There are numerous hotels and motels within 5 miles of the school. Please consult your travel agent or phone directory for lodging in the nearby suburbs of Bolingbrook, Burr Ridge, Darien, Downers Grove, Lisle, Willowbrook and Woodridge.
The following hotels are not endorsed, but suggested:
Make sure to identify yourself as a Wilton School student to receive discounts, if any, available to you at hotels.
Aloft Bolingbrook Hotel, 630-410-6367
La Quinta Inn, Willowbrook, 630-654-0077
Extended Stay, Darien, 630-985-4708
Marriott Towne Place Suites, Lombard, 630-932-4400 *Complimentary shuttle service to the school
Want to stay in touch with the latest from Wilton?
Receive great Wilton decorating ideas and much more! Learn more