After completing Decorating Basics, Course 2: Flowers and Cake Design is one of two additional Wilton Method courses you can choose. In Flowers and Cake Design, you’ll explore sophisticated ways to bring your cakes and desserts to life!
Your Wilton Method Instructor will teach you to create breathtaking icing flowers such as pansies, lilies and the famous Wilton Rose. Then, you’ll discover the secrets of arranging them in a beautifully balanced cake-top bouquet.
Your amazing flowers will be framed by an impressive boarder treatment or basketweave design. With the skills you learn here and your ability to make flowers in advance using gum paste and fondant or royal icing, you can create beautiful blooms at your convenience, ready to place on any cake.
Topics covered in Flowers and Cake Design include:
- Basic Principles of Cake Design
- Gum Paste and Fondant 101
- Button Flower
- Making Royal Icing
- Making a Parchment Bag
- Flower Nail
- Rose Base, Rose Center
- Apple Blossom, Primrose
- Using the Lily Nail, Lily
- Making Stems
- Guidelines for Flower Arrangments
- Floral Cake Design
- Reverse Shell
- Wilton Rose
Your Wilton Instructor is ready to show you how to make these exquisite blossoms step by step. With practice and attention to detail, you will soon be creating spectacular bouquets that will be the talk of the party. You'll also have a great time sharing the excitement of decorating with other students.
The Wilton Method Course 2: Flowers and Cake Design is held in local craft and specialty stores where you'll receive individual instruction from trained Wilton Method teachers.
- Course 1: Decorating Basics Method Course
- Course 3: Gum Paste and Fondant Method Course
- Course 4: Advanced Gum Paste Flowers Method Course
- New Wilton Method Course Frequently Asked Questions
- Search for a Wilton Method class location near you.
- Wilton Method Courses Overview