We suggest that you tint all icings at one time while treat cools. Refrigerate tinted icing in covered containers until ready to use. Bring to room temperature for decorating.
Make 3 cups buttercream icing:
? Tint 3/4 cup yellow (thin 1/2 cup with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
? Tint 1 1/4 cups orange (thin 3/4 cup with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
? Tint 1/4 cup black
? Tint 1/4 cup green (thin with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
? Tint 1/4 cup red
? Reserve 1/4 cup white (thin with 1/2 teaspoon light corn syrup)
Decorate in Order:
1. Trace pan shape on cake board. Cut board and wrap with Fanci-Foil Wrap.
2. Prepare favorite crisp rice cereal treats recipe in prepared pan. Unmold and position on board.
3. Ice window area smooth with thinned white icing.
4. Ice tire centers smooth with thinned green icing.
5. Ice cab smooth with thinned yellow icing.
6. Ice trailer smooth with thinned orange icing.
7. Use tip 4 and black icing to pipe in tires (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch)
8. Use tip 2B and yellow icing to outline bumpers and running board.
9. Use tip 2B and orange icing to outline trailer rim (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch)
10. Roll out orange spice drops on waxed paper covered with granulated sugar. Cut rectangles for trailer sections and position.
11. Using scissors, cut 1/4 in. high pieces of black spice drops. Position on tires.
12. Using scissors cut 1/4 in. high pieces of white spice drop. Position for hubcap centers.
13. Position candy-coated chocolates for wheel wells.
14. Using scissors, cut a 1/2 in. high piece of orange spice drop. Position for headlight.
15. Use tip 4 and red icing to pipe in light above front bumper (smooth with finger dipped in cornstarch).
16. Position assorted spice drops and candy-coated chocolates in cargo area.
Sweet treats turn a Train Pan cake into a delightfully dimensional dump truck. Outline the truck shape with red licorice before flushing out the vehicular form with cookies, candies and an ice cream cone smokestack.
PLEASE NOTE: If you had an account on the previous version of Wilton.com you will need to reset your password. We apologize for the inconvenience but it necessary to maintain security of the information you have entrusted us with. Our goal is make it easy so you can make it amazing!
Get inspiration and great deals
Yes, I want to receive new decorating ideas and exclusive offers from Wilton. You can withdraw your consent at any time.