Strawberries are in season! With our easy instructions, you can make amazing candy-coated strawberries for your next gathering. Candy MeltsÂ® candy make it easy to turn strawberries or many of your favorite snacks into beautifully decorated treats.
Offered in a variety of colors, Candy MeltsÂ® can be incorporated into your decorating to coordinate to your holiday or event.Â Follow these simple steps to use this candy decorating technique:
- Place the Candy MeltsÂ® to be used as a base color (we used white in the photo) in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave at half power for 1 minute and stir well.Â Continue to microwave and stir at 30 second intervals, until the candy is smooth and melted.
- Dip clean, dry strawberries into the melted Candy MeltsÂ®. Place them on a parchment covered cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- Choose your accent colors. Candy MeltsÂ® are available in a variety of colors, or you can tint white Candy MeltsÂ® using WiltonÂ Garden Candy Colors Set or Primary Candy Colors Set.Â Note: Be sure to use our oil soluble candy colors as opposed to our icing colors. The water in our icing colors will cause Candy MeltsÂ® to clump.
- Place your accent color Candy MeltsÂ® in a microwave-safe decorating bag. Loosely twist close â€“ do not use metal twist ties. Microwave at half power for 30 seconds and knead bag.Â Continue to microwave and knead at 15 second intervals, until candy is melted.
- Snip a tiny hole in the bag and drizzle colored candy on the coated strawberry.Â Continue to use different colors of melted candy to create your treat. Chill until firm.
Try this technique on all your favorite treats,Â like pretzel rods, crisped rice treats and store-bought cookies, to delight your guests.
Please check our website for more decorating ideas with candy. Happy Dipping!