Upon joining the Wilton food team this January, I was really excited to evaluate our latest development, Sugar Sheets! They are part of Punch. Cut. Decorate!â„˘, an amazing new decorating method that allows anyone to create beautiful cakes and treats with ease, even if they have never decorated before!
Sugar Sheets are edible decorating papers. We offer them in a variety of colors and patterns, providing endless possibilities for amazing decorating. We took great lengths to create moisture barrier bags that are re-sealable because we recognize that there are different humidity levels all across the country and that this product will be bought and stored in different environments. I wanted to take the time to make sure you had the most optimal experience with this product, no matter where you live or how long you store the sheets. Here are my tips to help keep the sheets moist:
- Plan ahead. I imagine many of you will be as eager as I was to begin working with the sheets. Try to resist pulling the product out of the package until you have a decorating plan.
- Only cut the portion of the sheet youâ€™ll use immediately and keep the remainder of the sheets on the plastic backing, sealed securely in their reclosable package.
If your sheet has become brittle, donâ€™t despair! Here is a method to rehydrate it and make it usable:
- Cut the portion of the sheet you will use and peel away the plastic backing. Brush the shiny (back) side of your sugar sheet with room temperature water. The Wilton Water Brush allows for great control when applying water to Sugar Sheets, making it a fantastic tool for rehydrating the sheets. Be sure to completely cover the sheet with an even coat of water â€“ not too much, not too little.
- Allow the sheet time to rehydrate, which will take from 15 to 30 minutes. I recommend checking the sheet at 15 minutes and if it is pliable again, it is ready to use. The sheet may need more time, but be careful that your sheet does not get too wet.
- When your sheet is ready, cut or punch your design and apply to your cake or treat right away.
I hope you enjoy decorating with Sugar Sheets as much as I do. It is a truly incredible product and you’ll be amazed at what you can accomplish. Remember – keep them sealed when not in use and plan ahead. Happy Decorating! ?
To learn more about this new decorating method, please visit the Punch. Cut. Decorate! section of our website.