Last week I talked about using the Icing Smoother to make perfectly smooth buttercream cakes. Today, itâ€™s all about the texture! Introducing the new and much-improved Wilton Icing Comb Set! There are so many reasons why I love these things:
- They are comfortable in the hand.
- This set has a total of 6 designs for more decorating options. Some designs are traditional, and others are fresh and new. There are tons of options for cake texture!
This comb reminds me of waves, so I iced the cake in light blue. I also combed the top of this cake, and bordered the edge to conceal where the comb marks met up.
My favorite of the 6 designs! I think this comb is elegant. I left the top plain, but you could also comb the top if you want.
- The plastic edges leave behind crisp, clean details on buttercream icing.
- At 9 inches tall, you can comb the sides of the highest cakes, or the entire top of a 9 in. x 13 in. sheet cake with precision and ease!
- The Cake Combs snap together for quick storage in your kitchen drawer or Tool Caddy. Each comb has an â€śinâ€ť side and an â€śoutâ€ť side, which fight tightly into one another when the combs are pressed together. This very simple friction fit makes it easy to separate the combs when youâ€™re ready to use them, but are tight enough to keep them together during storage.
Have you tried combing a cake yet? What are some of your favorite ways to use cake combs?